Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (JW1230), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423738 - 01/30/13 12:27 PM Triggered - malfunctioning
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
The last thing I saw before heading to work this morning -

TRIGGERS - VIOLENCE, KIDNAPPING

- was a news report that in Alabama a gunman attacked a school bus. Murdered the driver while the kids watched, then kidnapped a 6-year-old boy at gunpoint and is now holding him hostage in his doomsday-nut bunker.

Saddest part: said boy was chosen as kidnap victim because he was so traumatized by the initial shooting he fainted and couldn't pull away like the others.

I opened the door to what kind of fear that kid must be feeling. And it walked all over and stomped the shit out of me. Felt all day like my head's stuffed with cotton and am not interacting with the world.

Hoping beyond hope for a safe outcome.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#423741 - 01/30/13 12:46 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
That's one state over and it is awful no matter where it is.

The kidnap victim is the same age as my son. I'm really, really troubled by this as well. I hope authorities can convince this nut to surrender and leave the boy unharmed.

The guy is already facing charges of menacing his neighbors.

Will

Edited by Suwanee (01/30/13 12:49 PM)

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#423744 - 01/30/13 01:33 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I hope boy will be safely rescued frown
My prayers are with him and his parents.

#423745 - 01/30/13 01:54 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I saw the headline and skipped the story for fear of feeling what you guys have brought home.

I thought I had a bad day yesterday. This sharpens the focus. When this kid gets home safe, we should send him cards or something.

Cant

#423746 - 01/30/13 02:07 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

#423782 - 01/30/13 05:17 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
The worst part is that since he fainted before being kidnapped he then had to wake up in a strange place with a strange man... a murderer. And the gun and who knows what else. I've been having my own fear-centric issues recently and just want to slam doors and break windows until that magically saves the kid.

Have been compulsively re-checking every news site all day and can't believe this isn't the blaring red-font top story everywhere.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#423800 - 01/30/13 09:31 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hostage situation has entered its second day. Bonus trigger: the kid has a medical condition, but it seems they've been able to get medicine to him and communicate with him.

Jesus H.

Cant

#423803 - 01/30/13 10:34 PM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I wonder if the captor has access to internet/tv/radio news....or otherwise knows that the bus driver didn't survive? If the guy is in the dark...I'd lead him to believe things are ok..or at least there is nothing to report so that he feels that surrender will not lead to additional (murder one) charges.

This is a beast to be soothed so this kid can be freed before society imposes justice.

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#423855 - 01/31/13 10:55 AM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: SoccerStar]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Situation passes its 40th hour with no change. An "army" of state, local and federal law enforcement are on-scene communicating with the nutcase through a PVC pipe leading down to his dungeon bunker.

They are now saying that the kid hostage is 5 years old (not 6 as previously reported) and he is autistic and requires medication, but is apparently unharmed at the moment.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013...-to-be-unharmed

#423860 - 01/31/13 11:09 AM Re: Triggered - malfunctioning [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I'm going to offer my opinion ( cool ). The police better back off. The police are going about this in a very wrong manner. They have a small army there and they are only going to spook the guy. He is probably paranoid schizophrenic. That could be dangerous if they spook him. On the news last night I saw the police coming in on it with sirens blaring. That is the most wrong thing to do. That is dangerous for the kid. All they need is one police guy there on a 24 hour basis unless the hideout has a back door. Then in addition they need a very cool clinical psychologist who is very wise and who can talk this guy down from his mad trip and let him come out with the boy. If he requires food and/or drink they should supply it.

Puffer

PS How do I know? I'm a kidnap survivor.

Edited by pufferfish (01/31/13 12:05 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.