Newest Members
fromone2another, lbartgis, micro44, m75, scorpus
12702 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (66), Brant (54), Happenstance (46), jimminy (27), keeper (49), MischievousSpirit (40), skooter27 (31), vbalfour (61), whancrar (49)
Who's Online
8 registered (lbartgis, focusedbody, don64, 4 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12702 Members
75 Forums
65325 Topics
456853 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422619 - 01/19/13 06:01 AM Flashback
TW16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
A few years ago I had a flashback about something that happened to me in my childhood. Since then I have been bothered by it and have wondered when and how to address it with my family if at all.

When I was fifteen years old, I was told that I had been severely abused sexually and physically as a child. I learned this in court. I told the judge that I was being molested, and it went on from the time I was about ten or eleven until I was fourteen or fifteen. The judge then asked me if there were any other incidences. I told him "no." My mom then told the judge that I had been abused as a childw. The judge said I was committing purgery for denying the earlier abuse, but I swore that it never happened, and if it did, then I had no memory of it.

When I got home I asked my grandparents if it was true, and they confirmed it was true. I was told I had been molested by a 13-year old male babysitter when I was two years old. Then when I was seven I was sexually abused twice by an older boy, (which I have always remembered most of, but didn't see it as abuse). And then when I was about ten years old, some other boys took me someplace and molested me, after which they left me there. I was told I went to a neighbor's house and called my grandma..

A few years ago I went for a walk, and when I walked around a certain corner of one of my elementary schools, I had a sudden flashback of a time I got beaten up there, and then later in the flashback I was inside the school and was hit in the head with a baseball bat. This flashback has bothered me, and I have wondered if I ought to ask,my parents about it.

#423681 - 01/30/13 12:50 AM Re: Flashback [Re: TW16]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
TW16

That's how my memories came up. At first they were feelings and incomplete "pictures". Then I had to do some memory work and work with a good therapist before the picture began to be complete.

Puffer

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.