Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443262 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#423847 - 01/31/13 09:49 AM Re: Will They Care? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Today is the first day that any of the petitions could be in my PO Box.

Three envelopes were in there, but there were 5 signatures in total. All three were ones I just happened to pin on mailbox posts when I was in a nice neighborhood. I never ever thought people I don't even know would do this.

All 3 random "leave-offs" from that neighborhood came back. If that's the case, I can't wait to see what comes back from the people i know. I may make the big number. Who knows?

One mother added a note: "Thank you for doing this!"

I needed this! I needed to know that "yes, they DO care."

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#423848 - 01/31/13 09:53 AM Re: Will They Care? [Re: Still]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thank God that some of them care for children's safety.
There are few good people left including you Still wink
Keep fighting for children!

Pero

#423854 - 01/31/13 10:50 AM Re: Will They Care? [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Great news, Still.

A few suggestions:

One - You should avoid hand-delivering petitions into mailboxes... Pinning on mailbox posts might be sufficiently non-mailboxy, but in my experience working on political campaigns, we were always admonished to NEVER place campaign material into a mailbox, as that is considered federal property and technically illegal. Therefore, anyone wanting to make trouble with you could always accuse you of improper use of federal property.

Two - If the influx of petitions start to dry up, you can always go back to the ones that came in and ask them if they can help you get five each. One could even host a kids-safety awareness "party" where you could talk to a group and get petitions signed on-site, like a political fundraiser.

Keep up the good work!

Cant

#423874 - 01/31/13 02:18 PM Re: Will They Care? [Re: cant_remember]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: cant_remember
NEVER place campaign material into a mailbox, as that is considered federal property and technically illegal. Therefore, anyone wanting to make trouble with you could always accuse you of improper use of federal property.

Thank you Cant.

Yeah. I know about the Fed Postal Law. Putting non-mail into the mailbox can gett you shot without a trial under the current administration (jk).

This is why I pin the petition doc to the wooden-post that holds up the box. I've cleared that with the USPS long ago as officially "cool."

We are a VERY VERY small town. I need 25 ligit pets. They say to target 35 to cover the disputable ones....and that if its not favored by the Selectmen, they will dispute the farg outta every one they can.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#423902 - 01/31/13 06:13 PM Re: Will They Care? [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

You're an inspiration to us all, Still.

If anyone is wondering what he can do when he feels helpless? Still here is pointing the way.

Get active, get political. Go get 'em. Let the bastards know it ain't like it used to be. Turn that shame into anger and that anger into action.

Cant

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.