Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441313 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423499 - 01/28/13 08:32 PM Is it just a matter of Trust?
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I am a certified, trained art teacher and the opportunity was presented to help others through a community outreach program as a volunteer. My T was thrilled, and I have no hesitations. Excited. I would/will do art lessons at Solomon House 1- 2 x's a month. Attended the training Wednesday night. Was really cool.

But the deal is this. I experienced the CSA for a min of 13 yrs. Kinda betrayed- yes? And happily married; then widowed- death sort of betrayed me - yes? Then ... a special male friend did the ASA thing-unforgivingly betrayed- yes? (ASA keeps me from having to say rape!)

All of the attendees at the volunteer training- AVO...Aids Volunteers of "mid-size city"-.... were of the larger community (me) or required by their college to take part. (I live in a small suburban town nearby). It was stressed that everything was to be confidential- everything. From the recipients of the program to the volunteers and their participation. It's not a big thing, but it is a big thing.

Within four days, I was walking through the local grocery store in the small town and some one let me know that they knew I was at the training. The pissy thing is, this person didn't even mention the name of the program or the people who might benefit. Didn't ask my part or what I had to offer. They just wanted me to know that they knew. Talk about taboo and impending small town gossip. Just said so and so said they saw you Wed night.

It doesn't matter if I am straight, bi, or gay. (If I ever decide I'll let someone know). What matters is that confidentiality was broken- once again, betrayed-yes?

I'm not concerned about others speculations about me. They've done that since my spouse died. I am just a little ticked that I can't even do good for the greater community with any sense of trust. What was to be confidential became open conversation within four days.

Do you think maybe its because I have started to find some sense of "whatever" through therapy with the SAs that all of this is just kinda raw on the emotions? And that trust is at the top of the list of what I seek to learn? Since I'm pretty practical and non-drama, I don't think thats it... but you never know.

#423532 - 01/29/13 07:10 AM Re: Is it just a matter of Trust? [Re: ThisMan]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

That stinks. Don't know what his intention was, but I think a lot of people just don't get it.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#423557 - 01/29/13 10:01 AM Re: Is it just a matter of Trust? [Re: ThisMan]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi billray,
must say that your experience and this post deeply touched me.
I despise those cave men who approached you and who think that are god-given to decide what is right and what is wrong.
I would become berserk if I would be treated in such fashion.
I would like to mention publicly this matter during first next meeting just to make uncomfurtable person who betrayed your trust and trust of other involed into program.
Seeing someone willing to put-himself so overpowering over me by saying that he knows and watch on me would bring me near my limits.
I wouldn't be able to stay cool and I would sent him to hell.
Such breach of privacy is beyond imagination for me and whoever tried to do it even once that person is finished with me till rest of my life.
I don't know how to put that in your perspective, but you are very brave person.
Living in such non-supportive and full of false moral community that has organically incorporated rules and taboos is very difficult. Such environment doesn't support authenticity and can't understand damn thing about life. It is sort of spiritual desert.
You are lighthouse in surrounding darkness.
My hat's off to you!

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.