Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63435 Topics
443442 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#350028 - 01/07/11 11:42 AM Asthma Attacks
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I've had asthma all my life. It went into amazing remmission after starting a Chiropractic regimine. Recently, someone in my life has deliberately pushed some PTSD triggers and stresses related to the CSA. The asthma attacks come back when emotional attacks occur. My rescue inhaler does nothing. My question is, "am I correct in my obrservation that PTSD triggers can trigger asthma?"

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#350055 - 01/07/11 05:45 PM Re: Asthma Attacks [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I had recurrent bouts with sinus and bronchitis from boyhood into adulthood. It tended to be seasonal. When I entered my "recovery phase" it got worse, making me think that it was abuse-related. Now that I have cleared a lot of my issues (with tissues), my sinusitis and bronchitis, etc. are noticeably getting better.

Allen

#350058 - 01/07/11 05:55 PM Re: Asthma Attacks [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
A female MS contributor (didi) whose 4-year-old son and nephew were seriously abused by a neighbor has told me the following about the nephew:

Originally Posted By: didi

I know that I can't post on this topic.. Just wanted to chime in that ---- (name withheld by Allen) had this for a year after his abuse .... When he had a bad cold and had post nasal drip he would have horrific nightmares, Thank God that he did not remember them when he woke up. He still has that "cough" when he gets nervous. I wonder if he will be able to find this less triggering when he gets older?

didi has given me permission to quote this.

Allen

#422884 - 01/22/13 12:31 AM Re: Asthma Attacks [Re: Still]
Chalmer Offline

Loc: NY
Hi Robert,
Like to share some tips to cure asthma here. Add spinach, carrots, apples, arrowroots more in your daily diet plans as they are rich in calcium and helps you in curing asthma. Mixture of 1 cup hot water, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp ginger and 1 tbs honey are also effective in treating asthma.

#422947 - 01/22/13 03:32 PM Re: Asthma Attacks [Re: Still]
ALovingMum Offline

Loc: England
There is very clear link between Asthma and child sexual abuse; I didn't know this until last year when I was researching my son's abuse/custody court case and I found a study done on the subject and published in 2008. My son by the way suddenly started having Asthma attack when the abuse intensified. The abuse was unknown to me, but the Asthma attack almost claimed his life! I thought the knowledge might be useful; here is the link to the abstract http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18556622

#423516 - 01/29/13 12:06 AM Re: Asthma Attacks [Re: Still]
sallyjoseph Offline

Children who are physically or sexually abused are more than twice as likely to have asthma as their peers, according to a recent study. What about your son now he is ok?

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.