Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423312 - 01/26/13 07:07 PM PTSD and Sexual Abuse
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
For those struggling with PTSD after sexual abuse:

http://twodaymag.com/love/view/ptsd-and-sexual-abuse/

Puffer

#423314 - 01/26/13 08:00 PM Re: PTSD and Sexual Abuse [Re: pufferfish]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Thanks Puffer.
For this excellent ariticle on PTSD and it's causes and symptoms. I suffered from this all my life and have only received help for it fairly recently by cognative therapy mostly and some meds.I had no idea why my behaviour was so bizzare having never had help to deal with CSA and physical abuses.I fimally hit the wall and it was sessions with a psychiatrist I was referred to that I was diagnosed with PSTD.The cost in my life was enormous.I exhibited all the syptoms listed in this article and it is a wonder I didn't end up dead or locked up.I am improving and as I get connected to more resources and other survivors I have some relief. Just understanding the cause and effects has helped immensely.The process of discovering and accepting I was damaged goods has been and continues to be rough but I think it is necessary to recover well.Thanks Again.

#423350 - 01/27/13 10:27 AM Re: PTSD and Sexual Abuse [Re: pufferfish]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Puffer.

Fits me like a glove, too.

Cant

#423621 - 01/29/13 04:40 PM Re: PTSD and Sexual Abuse [Re: cant_remember]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my brothers.

I highly recommend this form of treatment. It is another valuable tool in our recovery. It might not be for everyone either. Check with your T first.

I attended a 12 week PTSD group, it like just about everything else that we have to do and that's again go deep inside of ourselfs and do the assigned tasks as best & as safely as we can.

It isn't easy by any means. But it is another vital tool at our disposal. Hopefully your medical insurance will cover the cost of it.

My, brother, Allen, once again you have provided us here with your compassion & understanding in helping us find ways to heal. You are a great asset to your brothers here.
You have been with me since my beginnings & for that i'm eternally grateful, my brother, Allen.

Wishing all my brothers well in healing.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.