Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423257 - 01/26/13 06:27 AM Hello
oneuponatime Offline

Here because I am awake at 3:30 due to an anxiety attack involving memories of a period of my life 26 years ago when I was 19. I'm bipolar and see doctors all the time for my other psych issues but have never dealt with this issue in all that time. Not sure what help can be done after all this time though.

#423260 - 01/26/13 07:00 AM Re: Hello [Re: oneuponatime]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
welcome - though it's not under the best of circumstances.

since you are here now and "talking" about it, sounds like it is time for you start on this issue.

let me tell you from personal experience - it's NEVER too late!

hope you'll find good info, support and encouragement from others who have been there - as i have.

see you around,

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#423264 - 01/26/13 09:27 AM Re: Hello [Re: oneuponatime]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
you are so welcome here.
you may be surprised what good it does to acknowledge to trauma and pain you carry. other symptoms may be tied to this very issue and not be responsive to treatment because the underlying trauma has not been addressed. in any case it feels so good to have a group of people understand and "get it" hope you find a place here with us
jeff

#423362 - 01/27/13 12:28 PM Re: Hello [Re: oneuponatime]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi oneuponatime. I'm finally dealing with my abuse 40 years later. (I'm 52) I know how you feel on the time issue. And the only reason I am dealing with this is because it is causing more problems than ever before. It can't be ignored. The last 2 years have been very painful for me and I know the short and medium term future will be no joy. But I am very possitive for the longer term.

While it would have been better to have this dealt with much earlier don't think that dealing with it now is impossible or a waste of time. It's going to be hard work but but it's worth doing.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.