Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (maxxie, 2 invisible), 62 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438086 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423125 - 01/24/13 03:39 PM NO ONE could call me?
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
My Mother's older brother died and nobody even told me. I have to learn this on fukg FACEBOOK? NO ONE could call me? NO ONE could call me? NO ONE could call me?

I loved this man. He was a HUGE component of my life and a hero to my Mother. He was a very VERY good man!!!

http://www.quealyandson.com/obits/obituary.php?id=251415

Still's Globs

New Video

#423163 - 01/24/13 10:59 PM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
I'm sorry to hear that and it's damn low. I know how you feel, I'm still smarting from the stunt my family pulled back in the summer when grandma passed away. I'm sorry you're going through it too.

#423188 - 01/25/13 08:50 AM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
sugarbaby Offline

I am sorry for your loss Still.

#423189 - 01/25/13 09:00 AM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

We're here for you, Still.

Cant

#423191 - 01/25/13 09:18 AM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you folks. I'm sure there will be a true "Irish" celebration at his bar tonight. I may just show up there.

This gent was like the Good Godfather of his people. As long as I've been alive, he's the one people call in the middle of the night when there's been a DUI arrest, Old Danny Boy got tossed from his apartment on a Winter night, Jim's daughter just had her baby but is destitute and Jim is near dead with grief that he can't help her.

The drunks got bailed out and driven home. The homeless man would have a guestroom and a family's embrace, and Jim would find an envelope of ample cash left at his door.

He never said a word, nor took a moment to think about what was to be done...it was simply "done."

Still's Globs

New Video

#423192 - 01/25/13 09:22 AM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Still
I may just show up there.

Do it.

#423193 - 01/25/13 09:26 AM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Still, you've wrote so nicely about that gent, he must be some terrible nice man.
It is pity that you wasn't informed...
If you'll go there to his bar let us know how was it.

#423211 - 01/25/13 02:47 PM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

He sounds like my kind of man, and his wake sounds like my kind of party.

Of course you should go there, so you can tell us how it went.

Can I come?

Cant

#423216 - 01/25/13 03:42 PM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/05/13 11:27 AM)

my story

my vlog

#423220 - 01/25/13 04:31 PM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
ALovingMum Offline

Loc: England
Still,

So sorry to hear about your Uncle. I was looking at your uncle's photograph when my 6 year old son walked in, he pointed to the photo and said: "He 'was' a good man!". "Mum he is dead, isn't he?". My mouth dropped open! I asked him how he knew the man was a good man and that he was dead, and he said, "I just knew it". My son is like that - sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable when he says things he has no natural knowledge of.

I confirmed to him that a very good man. And that he was my friend's uncle.

Still, I think you should go to his wake. Ignored those who did not inform you. Don't let them see that their ignorance hurt you. Just ignore them. If they dare ask you how you knew, tell them he was your uncle and that it is a very small world.

We are all here for you. Take solace in the knowledge that he was a good man, who fulfilled his destiny here on earth and touched many lives.

(((Still)))

ALM.

#423235 - 01/25/13 10:50 PM Re: NO ONE could call me? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The wake and funeral were all earlier in the week. I just figured the bar would be a classic Irish send-off. I called down there to see. Basically, all of Arthur's friends are gone or too old to be out. its all a young crowd now, and they only know the hired bartenders and my cousin who now runs the place.

Arthur had 10 children in the house. For a while, they were all a combined family (like Your's Mine and Ours movie). As a kid, I would BEG to get to stay there for summer visits or weekends. It was always insane fun, but a safe place...no cruelty. The lack of cruelty and the presence of love was SO SO foreign to me.

When two of his daughters came-out as lesbian (one much older than me and one my exact age), Arthur never even batted an eye-lid. They were his girls and that was that.

His eldest son lives only two towns away from me...runs a nursing home. He use to visit with my mother all the time. He knows I live here.

Why did no one call?

I'll never understand this place. My relationship I devised as a child with this world worked very nicely for me. I'm heading back to it more and more each day. Fortunately, in Whoville, its acceptable to live, hike, hang-out and overall 'be' in and of the forest. Its just that this time, there will be no violence-option when I come home.

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.