Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (susie, CafeMan, 3 invisible), 50 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423073 - 01/24/13 12:58 AM I'm incompetent
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Well I finally got back from my suspension at work and even though I'm trying I'm still making mistakes at work. I am afraid that I'm just incompetent, unable to do any job. Right now, I'm in danger of being fired. When I had my other job I always thought that it was my boss who was incompetent and the bad guy. Turns out it's me. Nothing is different.

I don't know what I'm gonna do if I lose this job.

I'm sitting here and eating poorly hoping that it will make the pain go away.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#423111 - 01/24/13 01:01 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
Robert1000 Offline

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. It's not doing you any good. Cut it out. It's a load of crap. Get over yourself!

(I say that with a heart full of love and support.)

Bob

#423119 - 01/24/13 02:48 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Bob,
Go fuck yourself.
( I say that with a heart full of love and support)

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#423120 - 01/24/13 02:53 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I'm sorry to hear all that Jason.
I hope it will get better at your work and I hope even more that you will not lose your job.

And guys please take it easy frown

Pero

#423124 - 01/24/13 03:18 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: Robert1000]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Robert1000
Quit feeling sorry for yourself. It's not doing you any good. Cut it out. It's a load of crap. Get over yourself!

(I say that with a heart full of love and support.)

Bob

OK...the "feeling sorry for ourselves?" I've never known WHAT that actually IS. How can we get raped as little boys, have our souls shredded for the orgasm of an adult/elder, be rendered "freakazoid" by society and expect to EVER get our shit together if we don't focus on ourselves?

BOB....BOB....Explain that please. I'm truly betting you can't remain focused on my question and assemble a real answer.

AND .... BOB... I've NEVER seen anyone kick a guy on this board when he's down like you just did. NEVER!

Still's Globs

New Video

#423127 - 01/24/13 04:30 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason - have you expressed those fears to your boss? You want to feel good about your job and you want to do better. Maybe if he knows that and if he is smart enough to also appreciate the value of an emotionally dedicated worker, he could be your best ally.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#423134 - 01/24/13 05:55 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason,

I agree with Eric. Talking to your boss can't hurt, and could do a lot of good.

And Bob, your tough love approach does not communicate well in a text-only forum. You meant to be helpful, but came across sounding like an ass, and triggered our friend Still, who has the best avatar pic in Whoville.

"Get over yourself" is fightin' words. Best to avoid that sort of thing.

Cant

#423138 - 01/24/13 06:29 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Jason -

your anxiety is what is talking now - and it is what is causing you to perform below your usual level of competence. if you were not competent for this job they would have let you go already. try to find ways of calming yourself before starting work and whenever you can take a moment while there. arriving a little early will help so you are not rushed. regulate your breathing, close your eyes for a moment and visualize a peaceful scene, tell yourself that you are safe and in control, etc. whatever works for you. you can do this, man!

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#423626 - 01/29/13 05:29 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: onlyakid]
Robert1000 Offline

Hey Jason, I appreciate your passion. That's a lot better than saying you're incompetent. Of course you're not incompetent. Thanks for rising to the bait. And if I offended you... well, I meant to get a rise out of you, but not to give offense. The same goes for you, Still, and Cant.

I know I'm a little aggressive sometimes.... It's one of those things I struggle with.

Bob

#423627 - 01/29/13 05:51 PM Re: I'm incompetent [Re: Robert1000]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Robert1000
Hey Jason, I appreciate your passion. That's a lot better than saying you're incompetent. Of course you're not incompetent. Thanks for rising to the bait. And if I offended you... well, I meant to get a rise out of you, but not to give offense. The same goes for you, Still, and Cant.

I know I'm a little aggressive sometimes.... It's one of those things I struggle with.

Bob

we be cool

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.