Here in Australia we have a Royal Commission of enquiry underway into the sexual abuse of children by people in institutions including religious orders.
A lot of the work that was done to raise awareness and public interest came from a group in a country town in Ballarat, Victoria. For decades the Roman Catholic populace was subjected to incredible extremes of abuse by Priests and Roman Catholic 'Brothers' engaged in the education system in the town.
These abuses have led to at least 40 suicides of people known to have been abused by these Catholic Clergy. But others are finding their voices in an heroic fashion, daring to stand up for those who have been silenced.
I invite you to look at a Facebook page where they seek to raise more awareness and support for their local community. Their primary aim is to stop the death by suicide of the victims of childhood abuse.
The page is called "Ballarat SO SAD"