Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
7 registered (CafeMan, learning2remember, I Want 2 Thrive, 4 invisible), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#422998 - 01/23/13 07:27 AM Re: Well, it's official.... [Re: SoccerStar]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
I'm sad over this. I'd used the word before but at the same time I always felt I had "plausible deniability" because it wasn't anal (even though it was terribly painful enough). Its such a horrible word, just reading it reminds me of violence and how I cried after he was done. I am sad that I was raped.

I had my own "It's Official" moment a month or so ago when I cautiously added the word "rape" to my vocabulary. I never had any plausible deniability as to what really happened. I am cognizant of what happened and how it happened....though I'm really only articulating it two decades later. Saying that stuff happened" or "things got weird" do describe what happened to me.

As far as Dick and Jane primer goes...I find that my language skills seem to vanish when I talk or write about this...I'm reduced to a primal, stilted prose...

The way I feel now is NOT the result of "stuff" from age 13. No. I was raped by someone 6 years older. It was not consensual by me...or in the letter of the law.

Will

Edited by Suwanee (01/23/13 07:32 AM)

My Story: Cruel Summer

#423027 - 01/23/13 04:04 PM Re: Well, it's official.... [Re: crazy gecko]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: crazy gecko
I'd experience "real rape", so why would "having to give him a blowjob" be so bad? (that's how I used to think. Sometimes I'd even phrase it as "I gave him a blowjob", as if I chose to do it.).

THIS. At first even to my T I'd say "made me perform oral sex / made me suck his dick." When me actually doing anything was probably less than a minute, then he... took over.

I've hated myself for not being able to give a better blowjob at 8 in order to have spared myself the pain, to have just been able to please him and escape the intense terror that he was actually trying / going to kill me with it. And then hated myself for having such unfair and obscene thoughts about a helpless kid. It's less intense but not gone.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#423058 - 01/23/13 10:29 PM Re: Well, it's official.... [Re: crazy gecko]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Yes, "rape" is an ugly word, but to me, it validates my feelings and my reactions in a way. It gives me permission to be somewhat fucked up, to need help, to not be ok all the time... I was raped, after all! I don't have to hide behind fancy phrases and "you know what I mean?"s any more. I can come out and say a simple 4 letter word, and it describes exactly what was done to me...[/quote]

Thanks for these thoughts, gentlemen. I read through the thread, and this being my second evening as a member, the theme of this is one I am working on with my counselor. I just can't verbally use the word rape in the same sentence of describing what has happened to me. Just like you guys for whatever reason, I know it will take time. Your words...my feelings... truly. ...just as c gecko says, I am fked up, I need help, but I am not okay most of the time... and maybe soon I can say OUT LOUD..."he raped me, and it hurts"... and he did, and it does...thanks, again guys.

#423076 - 01/24/13 01:45 AM Re: Well, it's official.... [Re: SoccerStar]
crazy gecko Offline

Hi Bill,

Yes, it will take time, but don't try to rush it! You will reach the point where you will be able to say the word and claim it for yourself in your own time. I hope that it will be soon, but as I have learnt in the last few month - one cannot, and should not try to skip steps in this process we call healing.

Stay strong and keep working with your counselor. You'll get there.
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#423080 - 01/24/13 02:36 AM Re: Well, it's official.... [Re: SoccerStar]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Hi, Gecko. Thank you for the words of hope. I read your story. Both parts. I find you to be quite brave and again, thank you for the honesty.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.