Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (Kylie), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422970 - 01/22/13 07:45 PM Howdy Everybody
Still Around Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi there folks,

I guess I've come here to find support, and to help support, if I can, anyone else who may need it. It's helpful knowing that you aren't alone, even after feeling that way for so, so many years.

A few months ago I stopped running, stopped pretending that everything was okay. I could no longer deny my life was (well, is) a mess. Now, sixteen years later at age 25, I may finally be in a place to reclaim the life I should have led. My struggle for peace, for understanding, to move out of the fog I've lived in for so many years, has just begun, and I look forward to chatting with you all and doing what I can when I can; we are, after all in this together.

Best to you all

#422971 - 01/22/13 08:12 PM Re: Howdy Everybody [Re: Still Around]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Welcome still

It took me 25 years to start the journey to reclaim my life. But, I have been in the process for more than 20 years. The trauma, physical, and sexual abuse of my childhood, no longer run my life.

I no longer think of the fog as a better place than the black hole. I now can raise my head out of the fog. I spent most of my life in overwhelming depression and self hatred. It is no longer my way of life. I have begun being able to expereince how I felt when it happened, which is necessary if I am to feel my emotions today.

I look forward to the day that I can just love my grandchildren, instead of just playing the role of grandfather.

We all have different stories, but we all are the same. This is a safe place.

#422972 - 01/22/13 08:27 PM Re: Howdy Everybody [Re: Still Around]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Welcome Still Around,

i hope you find this site , as i have, to be a safe place to be and to open up as you are ready. No rush, no pushing, just some good people trying to help each other through this.

There are lots of us with some time and experience here that can help you along the way. You will also be greeted officially by one of us greeters. We are here to help as much as we can or that you are comfortable with.

i think it is great that you are trying to get help at your age, cuz i couldn't until i was in my 50s. i am glad that there are many more services and places like this that can help us survivors.

take care man

peace

paul

Edited by pbert53 (01/22/13 08:30 PM)

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#423001 - 01/23/13 08:08 AM Re: Howdy Everybody [Re: Still Around]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Still Around,

You are in good company here. We are men of all ages, all orientations, all nations, with one thing in common: We all struggle to put the abuse in our pasts behind us and reclaim a life for ourselves. Its hard work, and there's no roadmap. But we all "get it" and are here for you when things get tough. Good luck.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#423006 - 01/23/13 10:41 AM Re: Howdy Everybody [Re: Still Around]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Welcome Still Around. I signed up here last July and this site has been awesome for me. There are a lot of good people here, and good resources. I to am just starting to sort out all of the stuff that happened for to many years while I was growing up. In some ways I still feel like I'm growing up because the abuse interfered with that. I also started getting T (therapy) in September and that combined with the people I have met here, is helping me to sort everything that is still confusing. One step at a time. We have many stories here, but shared hurts I think, so welcome Brother. I fully believe we can find healing, and become the person we were meant to be! Glad you found us smile.

#423033 - 01/23/13 05:21 PM Re: Howdy Everybody [Re: Still Around]
Still Around Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thank you guys. thank you for the warm welcome! And indeed it is one step at a time. It was certainly a big enough step for me to even consider posting here. But as they say, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

May you all take care as well.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.