Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64016 Topics
446765 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422731 - 01/20/13 05:07 PM Will Feeling All F*cked Up Ever End?
jls Offline

I haven't posted here in awhile, I guess because after two years of individual and group therapy I thought I was supposed to be all better but here I am again. Will this feeling of being all f*cked up ever end? Some days are better than others but its like I rate it according to levels of f*ckedupness, like even when I'm having a relatively good day there's always this anxiety that the balance could tip into feeling all screwed up. The irony is that the anxiety about this by itself is enough to tip the balance. I recognize that this is a PTSD thing, and in therapy I've been given strategies to ground myself but its pretty hard to come out of it when I'm in it, know what I mean? I wish I could take preventions but I don't even see it coming most the time. Anyways that's what's happening with me.

#422735 - 01/20/13 06:46 PM Re: Will Feeling All F*cked Up Ever End? [Re: jls]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Well jls,

With 1100 posts you know we know what you mean. And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could go to therapy for a couple of years, get hit with a cure stick and never have to face any of this stuff again.

I don't know if an example, makes you feel less alone but let me try. With depression there is an assestment tool (Beck ) and the higher the score the worse. The best days I have had I took the assessmsnt. I scored the lowest I ever got. It was 24. The level that regular people score when they just lost their job.

So yeah, even good days feel usually like they are just less fucked up. And when I get a rude awakening (Like I just saw my brother - my first perp when I didn't even know he was in the country) all the strategies and coping skills are about as useful as a dead goat.

I know this is better than it was. And I will get over it sooner than I thought or used to, but why doesn't it all go away. I haven't lost self control over self-mutilation, or gone back into my delusions for quite a while. Why am I not fixed already.

Our stories are different, but we are all the same.

#422748 - 01/20/13 08:23 PM * [Re: jls]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:12 PM)

#422830 - 01/21/13 03:19 PM Re: Will Feeling All F*cked Up Ever End? [Re: jls]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Like being an alcoholic (which I am) CSA is something you are never cured from. You are always in a lifelong process of recovery, and along the way, you figure out how to have a life, and live it as best you can.

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#422831 - 01/21/13 04:39 PM Re: Will Feeling All F*cked Up Ever End? [Re: jls]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
My old T used to say that feeling some pain, depression & anxiety may never stop. We just have to learn to manage it the best we can & carry on. There will be days that I'm about as useful as a puddle, but most days I manage to produce. I'm trying to see this as a life long journey that I hope to celebrate victory over in the end... But any victory is far, far off. I'm pretty sure I know how you are feeling.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.