Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (YYZGIRL, ShortedDiode, peroperic2009, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62522 Topics
438153 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422721 - 01/20/13 12:24 PM Spider search exclusions
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't know how hard this would be to implement but it would be nice if the Who's Online list could be excluded from being used by Google.

I am looking for a post I made and the MS search tool didn't help me so I went on Google and added my screen name along with another search term. And Google was kind enough to give me the pages that it found both in. Unfortunately most of the pages/threads I never posted to. Google saw my name in the Who's Online box and therefore was part of that page.

So after writing the above I did some searching and found that you can easily have pages excluded but I have not found how you can easily exclude content on the page.(in text form) One possibility is to have a page with the content you want indexed and another with all information but with a robot exclusion. Not a great option. But I'm not a web developer and have had limited experience in web page design.

I know I can prevent this in the future by having my name not included in the Who's Online box but I actually want it to be displayed there for others here to see.

#431060 - 04/12/13 10:43 PM Re: Spider search exclusions [Re: Candu]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Going invisible on the site while logged on will prevent your name from showing up in the "Who's Online" box.

Regarding the search engines, they will only have access to the public side of the board, Users ability to see them in the list serves as a reminder that the public side is indeed viewable by the public.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.