Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422625 - 01/19/13 09:26 AM Survivor & Supporter
HopeDiesLast Offline

As the title says, I'm both a survivor and a supporter. Got the whole package, so to speak. It makes our marriage easier and harder at the same time. Easier, because some things that cannot be explained don't need to be explained. Harder, because two damaged people don't make a whole. There are things that I don't know whether we will ever be able to fix. First and foremost, anything to do with intimacy and sexuality. It just seems broken beyond repair most days. In other parts of our lives, we seem to be on a good track. We told each other about the CSA within the first three months of meeting and falling in love. For both of us, it's the first time that we were honest with a partner and honesty has worked out for us. We've been married for quite a few years now.

I have recently come back to these forums more often, after having lurked around for a while a few years back, because both hubby and I have started trauma therapy last year and will be entering the EMDR phase this year. It has brought a lot of issues back to the front of my mind. What I like about these forums is that it seems to me that everyone is working hard to get better, so that gives me motivation and good examples. I think I also know myself well enough these days to know when I have to stop reading and get away from the subject for a while. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

#422626 - 01/19/13 09:35 AM Re: Survivor & Supporter [Re: HopeDiesLast]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Welcome back

I think in is fantastic that you support each other.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.