Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Scott1962, traveler, Obi), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64155 Topics
447648 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422617 - 01/19/13 02:59 AM Washington police accused of failures
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Human Rights Watch to publish report that shows some victims experience fresh trauma from police neglect in rape cases.
But although shocking, the situation in Washington is far from isolated. There are widespread examples across the US of the police routinely neglecting crimes of sexual violence and refusing to believe victims.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/17/washington-police-accused-rape-failures

#422618 - 01/19/13 03:07 AM Re: Washington police accused of failures [Re: peroperic2009]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Sara Reedy, the rape victim accused of lying and jailed by US police, wins $1.5m payout:

Pittsburgh woman raped at gunpoint and charged with fabricating her story has won a settlement after a marathon legal battle, changing federal law along the way.

Reedy's story is dramatic, but it comes against a backdrop of problems across the US, with accounts of police ignoring or neglecting rape reports, while bullying victims and scrutinising their behaviour rather than the suspect's.

Reedy's victory has gone down in legal history. During her battle she testified in Congress, and this helped persuade the federal government this year to change the definition of rape to include forced oral sex and the rape of men.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/15/sara-reedy-rape-victim-wins-police-payout

#423556 - 01/29/13 09:58 AM Re: Washington police accused of failures [Re: peroperic2009]
sdc Offline

This is heartbreaking. Police need extensive education on sex abuse. If they are not equipped to handle these horrendous crimes then someone else should be doing it. To re traumatize these kids is a crime in and of itself that should not be ignored. Police are not above the law. Something must change !!

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.