Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (WriterKeith, MG5555, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64202 Topics
448037 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423008 - 01/23/13 11:04 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: sdc
Thanks for your responses. As with everyone who has experienced this kind of abuse, the trauma has bee overwhelming. I met with the detective yesterday...and he basically said, this is a "he said, she said" situation. I disagree. My nephews disclosure has been consistant. He has no motivation to lie..in fact it was just the opposite. He was very afraid of the repercussions his family would face once he disclosed the abuse. Unfortunately, many of those things are coming true. The detective says he cannot get the text messages because too much time has passed....I sense this is never going to make it to court, which will be devastating for my nephew and our family.

Right now, THE most important thing is not putting the animal in a cage (but its an overlapping second), but is getting the kids ta a safe and livable state of life. Banging your heads against the brick wall in trying to push a case through isn't going to help the kids for now. "In crisis" is no way to go through a legal battle. If you have to fight this hard just to get it to court, maybe its time to take a step back and re-tune life.

You and your nephiew have chosen an honorable battle and one that he may see as fully necessary to continuing-on in life. I don't know him. I don't know his greatest want right now. But his greatest need is to survive.

One thing I hope the Detective caught onto... "He grabbed his laptop and left"

There's stuff on that laptop that will condemn him...unless he's unique to the 99.9999% of all the other animals in the zoo. Get that laptop admitted or investigated without any warning to him.

#423021 - 01/23/13 02:38 PM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

confusion4life - Again thanks for the encouraging words. I can promise you that my nephew will never think this was his fault and he will always be supported and I will fight. I believe this is a case that can be prosecuted. I am reaching out for information anywhere I can find it. I spoke with an MD from CHOP who regularly testifies in SA cases and she gave me some good guidance on how to push the case forward...the biggest crime in this situation would be for stepday to NOT be charged with a crime.
Until then...my nephew is sleeping with a knife under his bed out of fear. He is having nightmares and trouble sleeping. Something must be done, he cannot be forced to live his life this way because of our flawed system.

#423022 - 01/23/13 02:40 PM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

@still - The detective is well aware that there is evidence on the computer. My nephew himself told him, "Get the computer, that's all you will need, it's all on there". To date, the detective has not seized the computer and we are at day 29.

#423072 - 01/24/13 12:32 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: sdc
@still - The detective is well aware that there is evidence on the computer. My nephew himself told him, "Get the computer, that's all you will need, it's all on there". To date, the detective has not seized the computer and we are at day 29.

Its time to get REAL creative if at all posible.

I heard about lots of people who's puters have been stolen or lost and then found on the roadside or other places where good Samaritans turn them over to good lost-n-founds....like mall security and such.

Well, since people's names and addresses and phone numbers ernt on the puter case itself...the police generally have to do some hard-drive digging to figure out who it belongs to.

Edited by Still (01/24/13 12:38 AM)

#423105 - 01/24/13 10:14 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

Still - A Good Samaritan would surely turn the computer over to the police so that it can be returned to it's rightful owner.

#423115 - 01/24/13 01:23 PM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Its also amazing that nephew's verbal statement that there is illegal content on that puter, is not sufficient for police action. ESPECIALLY if the nephew claims that there are images of him on there.

Whatever jurisdiction this is we are talking bout....its got me seriously confuzzlled and pissed off to a new scale not previously realized by mankind. In most every state i've dealt with or briefed re: law and court rules, there's enough to search this guy's *&^#. I don't get it!!! But i will remain calm.

If the FBI were not so bloody busy, they could be all over it in a day.

Can we try the state police maybe? Its an end-run that frequently works.

#423126 - 01/24/13 03:59 PM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

@Still - ....to top it off, I am a hospital Social Worker - have been for 14 years. These cases are not new to me, but to have it happen to my family is a blow I cannot describe. I know how to fight for these kids, but there are "issues" with me fighting for my nephew, I have to be careful of the boundaries I may cross.
I feel you anger as if it were my own, I have been that angry about other cases, but at least in those circumstances I can be their worst enemy until something happens.
Not only do we know their is evidence on the computer, we retrieved one of the pictures OURSELVES ...before the password got changed !!!!
So to date we have:
-Positve tox screen matching victims history in the forensic interview
-Witnesses to how my nephew was found on Dec.23rd...passed out in a locked bathroom with only a blanket wrapped around him while he was home alone with perp
-One picture off of the computer
-Text message logs (no content) but it does show that perp was texting my nephew all the time, during the school day etc

All of this, and he hasn't even been brought in for questioning. The detective did "kindly" let us know that he would get to it, unless there was a homicide or something that came up. My response, "Pretend this is a homicide, because it feels like a homicide to us".

#423553 - 01/29/13 09:54 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

Hi to all who are following our case. Yesterday, my nephew did a recorded call with the perpetrator. I went with him for support. I thought the call went well. The perp never denied anything, however he did not openly admit anything. Yet, there was a clear implied understanding during the conversation. He asked if my nephew had gone to the police....who asks that without any reason to ask ? He gave my nephew his new cell number. He said many times they shouldn't talk on the phone. He told him to come to his work so they could talk in person and get a "plan".
The detective says he doesn't know if he as the "man power" to set up an in person wire tap. Then abruptly said, "if we don't get more on him, this case is closed". It was devastating for us and even more so for my nephew. I do not understand the response of the police.

#423580 - 01/29/13 11:00 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sugarbaby Offline

Can you go over their heads? Like FBI or ICE? Any other agencies sex crimes unit?

Lawyers and Politicians can be a resource (now or later) - area prosecutor?

#423585 - 01/29/13 11:19 AM Re: Our Story - Help with Prosecution [Re: sdc]
sdc Offline

I don't know..can I go over their heads or would I get the same reaction ? Is the FBI any more equipped or educated to deal with sex abuse...especially abuse against a teen boy ? There is not another local sex crimes unit that I am aware of. Lawyers...yes I did consider that. I thought about going to our DA where we live..again, I am not sure that he would make time for our case. If he were a victim of Sandusky, or a victim of one our local pro sports teams, then it would be a different story. We had a boy scout case here recently....and it was plastered all over the news and they nailed the Perp to wall....Imagine that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.