Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447641 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#422419 - 01/17/13 06:05 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I agree with Jude, cosmos and LP. And I'm glad you brought up the subject CW because, as traveler (Lee) would tell you, it's been on my mind a lot lately.

I haven't worked for a traditional employer in...decades. Freelance (photographer, print advertising graphics). I don't have to deal with petty office politics and everyone's (obvious to me) hangups. You know, you have the pushy types, the weasels, the wimps, etc. I'd rather just concentrate on doing what I do well.

And I have the option of telling the worst of 'em to knock it off...without fear of retribution. I can always walk.

No daily commute, except to meet a client to head to a shoot. My hours are my own to utilize as best I see fit. Perhaps I have to srcap a little more than your average 9-5 worker, but I love what I do and I'm fully responsible for what I take in.

On personal relationships, well, I give people a chance and dump 'em if the behavior doesn't change. That's often a tough one, but keeping my mind quiet is more important to me. Had a friend of ten years who got involved with a crack addict, a completely codep relationship. I got sick of listening to the whining about the latest drama (almost two years of it) while my friend would blow me off on basic "friend" things. I ended up blowing HIM off. As far as I know he's still clueless or doesn't care.

Frankly, too, I've done that with dysfunctional family members. I make my case and if the behavior doesn't change they're history. I don't care, nor do I care what they think.

The bonus is that my "good energy" - don't mean to go New Agey - is reserved for everyone else, even casual acquaintences.

#422623 - 01/19/13 08:18 AM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Maybe I'm truly antisocial. I'm tired of the immature brats that I'm forced to be around. I'm sick of my roommate and his underage friends going out and getting drunk and stumbling through the door at night. I'm sick of my roommate and his stupid Gundam figurines and how he seems to find a new person everyday who's also into building them so on any given day our room is invaded by one or more people talking about those fucking things or playing video games until ten or eleven at night.

I went out in town today by myself (like I usually do on the weekends) and had an awesome time. I visited this massive park that has a zoo and a bunch of museums and shrines, I spent a good five hours there and still didn't get through all of it. I enjoyed myself but all the while I couldn't help but feel alone. Why can't I find someone like me? Sometimes I hate myself so if I found someone like me would I hate them too? Fuck my life.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.