Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (woodenshoes, Obi), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63409 Topics
443331 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#42230 - 07/29/02 09:02 AM still lonely
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
I am still feeling alone. I want to meet people, but i am scared and so depressed. Where do kind people go to meet other kind people? I just wish i had a friend right now. I guess im sad. I guess things will get better, but I miss having people in my life. I feel like i dont belong. I feel like i just cant figure it out, like things just dont make any sense. I want but i am paralyzed by fear and feeling unworthy. I deserve good things, but when will i start to feel that way? i have to sleep, i dont know why i stayed up so late.

#42231 - 07/29/02 11:19 AM Re: still lonely
Spider-man Offline

Loc: NY
Though we can't be there to squeeze your shoulder and have you grimace at our ugly mugs, we're here on the forum. And until you find some 'real' people to hang with, we'll still be here on the forum. And we will still be listening.
You are not completely alone.

#42232 - 07/29/02 01:16 PM Re: still lonely
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Kevin,

Trust me on this one, the actions come first and then the feelings as in start treating yourself like you belong and like you count and start taking care of yourself, even if it is just making sure you have a clean room to come home to when you go out, treat yourself sometimes, start being your own best friend, congratulate yourself on all your successes, no matter how small, and just keep faking it if thats how you have to look at it until the feelings catch up with you and you start feeling all those things.

I know that place of fear and self imposed isolation, i still fight it and regularly have to force myself to get out and interact and do all the things i mentioned that you might try. Its a fucking battle sometimes, but you know what, it is one that is worthy of your best efforts, or so i keep telling myself, i guess the bottom line is i am with me more than anyone else in the world and i just figure if i dont be my own best friend and take good care of me the best i can that i am in a pretty shitty place for sure, and sliding downhill fast.

I choose to be nice to me, to be the best friend i can be to me, a lot of times i am the only one i got.

[john] hugs kevin, your not so alone my friend...

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#42233 - 07/29/02 07:39 PM Re: still lonely
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kevin
try to think what you are "unworthy" of, I bet it's a list of zero.

it's an effort, but like SoCalJohn says
Quote:
I choose to be nice to me, to be the best friend i can be to me, a lot of times i am the only one i got.
Be strong, be good to yourself.
Lloydy

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.