Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (susie, lostsoul824, pufferfish, Obi, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63180 Topics
441792 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#422310 - 01/16/13 10:27 PM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey OnlyaKid,

Sorry about your suspension. One of my co-workers just got terminated for making 2 medical errors, neither of which actually harmed the patients involved, but they were both with narcotics, and thats where management goes ballistic.

Take heart in the fact that you didn't even come close to harming any patients. But being short of the recorded count of a narcotic med is also a trigger to make management frantic. It has to be reported to the state, and places them under greater scrutiny. The suspicion is always that the med was diverted for someones recreational use.

I've had a similar experience and thought my career was over. But I just went back in and determined to be exceedingly careful, take my time, and do the best job I could. Things have worked out. Don't throw in the towel over this.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#422330 - 01/17/13 12:38 AM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Yeah,
I just learned that someone from my hospital systems corporate security came down to get some reports about the transaction. In addition, there were some complaints about some other what I would regard as minor stuff that were documented as part of the offical reason why I was suspended. One of the biggest complaints I have about my supervisor is that she gets complaints about stuff and Im only told about them during my annual review. To be fair to her, I work night shift and we don't get a chance to see each other often, however I do have a corporate email which she could always write me a note and let me know what the problem is. This way I could handle it because I know and would be able to recall the circumstances that led to it. The person who complains about it rarely lets me know themselves and when they do most of the time they don't let me know the gravity of the situation. I'm not saying that I am not at fault in these situations but I don't like being surprised one day with them when I'm caught off guard.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#422360 - 01/17/13 09:51 AM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Jason,

For one thing, you went from a computer-world job (from teens to 30) and owned the science of the job.

Then you left that for something SO entirely different, its not even on the same symbolic continent. From puters to pharmacy? I was SO impressed and in awe that you were able to make such a brave and dramatic transition! So let's not forget THAT angle on things. You did what many could not even imagine doing.

Now, yes, accidents and errors happen. Ooops! In my book, NBD! But that's easy for me to say, but I truly want you armed with being truly (truly) impressed with yourself for making a successful and radical career change.

Hold THAT out as your headline...not "fkt-up" a meds inventory.

Still's Globs

New Video

#422361 - 01/17/13 09:54 AM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: onlyakid
Yeah,
I just learned that someone from my hospital systems corporate security came down to get some reports about the transaction. In addition, there were some complaints about some other what I would regard as minor stuff that were documented as part of the offical reason why I was suspended. One of the biggest complaints I have about my supervisor is that she gets complaints about stuff and Im only told about them during my annual review. To be fair to her, I work night shift and we don't get a chance to see each other often, however I do have a corporate email which she could always write me a note and let me know what the problem is. This way I could handle it because I know and would be able to recall the circumstances that led to it. The person who complains about it rarely lets me know themselves and when they do most of the time they don't let me know the gravity of the situation. I'm not saying that I am not at fault in these situations but I don't like being surprised one day with them when I'm caught off guard.

Is there any way to improve communications with all involved parties?

You would necessarily want to call their current methods "lousy," but maybe ask "how can I improve channels of communications and feedback on a daily basis?"

Just a thought. Hope its not over-stepping.

Still's Globs

New Video

#422377 - 01/17/13 12:49 PM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: Still]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Still
Jason,
Now, yes, accidents and errors happen. Ooops! In my book, NBD! But that's easy for me to say, but I truly want you armed with being truly (truly) impressed with yourself for making a successful and radical career change.

Hold THAT out as your headline...not "fkt-up" a meds inventory.

Yes, errors happen, etc and while I shouldn't beat myself up about it, I need to work to fix it. It can't be NBD because another incident could possibly lead to me being fired. But thank you.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#422511 - 01/18/13 10:22 AM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
You mentioned you work the night shift. Did you discuss that with the HR department? It's well known that night shifts wreak havoc with your alertness and attentiveness and that could've been a contributing factor. Rotating shifts are even worse. This is true for everybody that does shift work. Maybe you can get them to put you on a shift that works better for you?

#422514 - 01/18/13 10:51 AM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason,

I did not mean to make the NBD sound trite. I look at anything less than a nuclear war as "NBD" in the grand sceme. I DO wish you did not have to deal with it at all.

Still's Globs

New Video

#422528 - 01/18/13 01:27 PM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: Still]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Still,
Thank you I know you didn't mean anything by that. I understand what you were trying to say, basically don't beat yourself up about it. Unfortunately, getting fired is a big problem because while I will have a place to stay, my parents will let me stay, I have credit card bills I have to pay that my parents don't know about. They lent me money to pay off my CC bills, so that I could pay it off thru them at 0% interest. I gave them a low figure embarassed about the amount of debt I had, so now they think I have no debt. If I defaulted on my credit cards (because I wouldn't qualify for unemployment I don't believe..I have to DOUBLE check that), all of the mail that would come would raise a red flag. I already have the bills set to paperless so they don't think I owe anymore. Companies don't send bills for $0. Plus my xmas gift was them forgiving the $3000 balance I owe them (as much as I appreciate the gesture I feel like it has so many strings attached) supposedly leaving me with no debt period. Plus just try to get a job in this economy after you've been fired, its hard when you are looking for a job when you are employed.

Anyway, as usual (I know I'm sorry for being down on myself), I've backed myself into a bad situation. In any event, Im sorry for the rant but rest assured I don't think you meant anything by NBD.

Jason

Also

#422529 - 01/18/13 01:32 PM Re: I'm on a 3 day suspension from work. [Re: ShortedDiode]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

That would be great except there are no job openings during the day and no one would be willing to trade shifts with me (I know I certainly wouldn't). Best I can do is sleep during the afternoon and evening hours rather than the morning so I'm more well rested. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want not to be able to do things in the evening when the day people are around but who am I kidding, no day people want to do anything with me anyway. Come to think of it, no night people want to do anything with me either. So I guess that will help and I will do that ASAP to remain more alert. Thank you for the idea that your question gave me.

Jason

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.