Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, woodenshoes, BuffaloCO), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447627 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#422051 - 01/14/13 08:08 AM I'm really starting to hate the people around me
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I had about 5 paragraphs typed out but I erased it all. I just want to ask simply, what do you guys do when you're stuck around people you hate? How do you deal with everyday when you can't stand anyone? I am increasing starting to hate all people...

#422059 - 01/14/13 09:31 AM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
SmartShadow Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hay clockwise,
That's a hard place to be.
I think when this has happened in my life, I am tired and have unresolved pain conected with other people that I can't bring to rest. It just keeps building up like a fead back loop. Too many unresolved negative feelings.
Hang in there,

#422071 - 01/14/13 02:14 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
I can stand most people, but certain ones have a way of getting under my skin on an almost daily basis. I can't help but get crabby at them. If I had my druthers, I would never see any of them again. I would become a hermit... I do it sooooooo well, when I have the opportunity. As for what to do to deal on a daily basis: I go outside, get a coffee, have a cigarette, eat an orange... Or do all of the above!

#422117 - 01/15/13 04:20 AM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I don't know. People easily annoy me but I rarely ever show it. I just hold it all in and try to go about my day as best I can. I'm thinking about renting a hotel one of these weekends just so I can be by myself.

#422153 - 01/15/13 11:50 AM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
Robert1000 Offline

I get like this sometimes. I do a few things. Sometimes I express myself. I find that I often get angry because I'm resentful because I'm not honest about how I feel or what I need. Other times, I think I'm angry for internal reasons, and I try to think of what fear or sadness is underneath my anger, although more often I feel "boredom" as a coverup feeling for fear or sadness, now that I think of it. The other thing I do is exercise. It just burns off the tension that I otherwise build up to insane levels. Go and run yourself hard. You'll feel better. Good luck. Bob

I have to say, I smiled when I read this post, because I sometimes feel this way, especially at work, but I don't always admit it. I like the way you expressed yourself so directly.

#422190 - 01/15/13 08:46 PM * [Re: Clockwise]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:07 PM)

#422313 - 01/16/13 10:35 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
I've made it a point to try to have jobs where I work more or less alone. No other peoples crap to deal with. No drama. Just peace and quiet.

Jude
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#422321 - 01/16/13 11:07 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Jude]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: Jude
I've made it a point to try to have jobs where I work more or less alone. No other peoples crap to deal with. No drama. Just peace and quiet.

Jude

would you mind sharing some examples of those jobs? I have a hard time thinking of any.

#422382 - 01/17/13 01:26 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Any job where your office is your vehicle, where you fly places, drive places, and meet new people every day. Something like sales or tech type jobs, hell a postman or UPS driver have really lonely jobs. Companies still pay a premium for those who are willing to sacrifice it all to be in the “field” 24/7/365, say 25% more than a similar desk job. Anything to not have to deal with “office politics”, wouldn’t know how to handle it anymore myself.

Cee

T. Paine

#422403 - 01/17/13 04:36 PM Re: I'm really starting to hate the people around me [Re: Clockwise]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Superintendent in a condo building is a good job for being alone. I see lots of people, but it's usually just a quick hello & then they're gone. I can hide away in the boiler room, or go relax up on the roof... Not a bad gig for someone who dislikes human interaction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.