Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422118 - 01/15/13 04:56 AM <>
Micksup Offline

<>

#422125 - 01/15/13 07:08 AM Re: It's Mick [Re: Micksup]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Mick and welcome to MaleSurvivor.

You shared that the abuse is like "déjà vu", it can certainly be like that. Intense physical stimulation as you experienced during the abuse can create a dissociative personality(ies) that "protects" or takes the abuse for the personality that you had before the abuse. This can lead to moments of memory lapse in your life history.

Be calm fellow survivor. All of these things have been talked about and experiences shared in MaleSurvivor. You no doubt have read about these here, as well as finding the right MSA therapist. Importantly Mick, go easy on yourself. You have endured horrific, debilitating events in your life and you are trying to guide yourself through them. It is a process, it takes time, we make mistakes, we adjust and keep recovering.

Welcome to recovery and to MaleSurvivor. Post and reply often, find local support you can count on, really find ways to be kind to yourself, you are so worth it.

Sam

#422135 - 01/15/13 08:26 AM Re: It's Mick [Re: Micksup]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Welcome, Mick.

there are lots of familiar themes in your story: partial and repressed memories, parental abuse, sensory triggers...

many of us have had similar experiences and can offer support and encouragement. my history included step-dad's unwanted attention from 5 - 13 as well as verbal until i moved out at 18. though i don't know details of your treatment, my recent life demonstrates that there is hope for a better life.

good to have you with us,
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#422171 - 01/15/13 04:02 PM Re: It's Mick [Re: Micksup]
Micksup Offline

<>

#422316 - 01/16/13 10:48 PM Re: It's Mick [Re: Micksup]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey Mick,

You're in the right place. Read as much as you can handle. Take a break from it if you need to because it can be pretty overwhelming. And post if you gain any new insights or want to share more about you experience. It'll help the next guy....and more guys keep coming every day. Good luck.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#455438 - 11/29/13 11:39 AM Re: It's Mick [Re: Micksup]
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
Hey Mick,

Just noticed you removed your posted content and aren't accepting messages anymore. So in case you are still browsing I am sending you a shout out here.

I really hope you are doing OK and your move away from this profile is a good one. I did the same thing to my profile a few weeks after I first made one, so I can guess what you are/were feeling. Don't give up hope man. You're intelligent, kindhearted and worthy of recovery.

Last we talked you were making some plans for maybe restarting you life. I hope you can do that, and I really hope you were able to fight the bureaucratic system there and get yourself the support you need. If you didn't please don't give up. You are worth it, really.

You are certainly welcome back anytime if you think there is something here for you, and if you do I hope you make contact with me. I am worried about you, so I hope you do.

With hope, love, and worry,

-Cthulhu

Edited by Cthulhu (01/03/14 08:51 PM)

some context

#455452 - 11/29/13 01:22 PM Re: It's Mick [Re: Cthulhu]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: votecthulhu
I really hope you are doing OK.

me, too, mick.
hope you're ok.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.