Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 90 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422077 - 01/14/13 03:41 PM Screwed by my insurance co.
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

So, in addition to my recent breakdown, I was also informed that my health care provider (Anthem) has denied payment for nine visits to my therapist in 2012.

The reason? This is great.

Although Anthem says that the policy (which I buy as an individual on the open market) covers the co-pay for 10 mental health visits, they denied payment to 9 of those sessions because they considered them to be "therapy" which they do not consider to be an "office visit."

My anger level is off the charts right now. I can feel it inside me, and need a healthy outlet.

Therapy tomorrow (which I'll be paying for out-of-pocket).

Cant

#422080 - 01/14/13 06:35 PM Re: Screwed by my insurance co. [Re: cant_remember]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
can't -

i feel for you in this wretched situation.

something similar once happened to me. very frustrating to know that there are millions ripping off the medical and insurance industries and getting away with it - while legit issues like ours go untreated or uncovered.

probly won't make it hurt less - but whatever it costs to make you "better" - you are totally worth it!!!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#422081 - 01/14/13 06:36 PM Re: Screwed by my insurance co. [Re: cant_remember]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
they denied payment to 9 of those sessions because they considered them to be "therapy" which they do not consider to be an "office visit."

So you had home delivery? confused

#422086 - 01/14/13 07:05 PM Re: Screwed by my insurance co. [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've put together a complaint with my state's dept. of insurance. I talked to the state's insurance ombudsman on the phone, and he says that they will have access to all the phone calls that I've placed with Anthem, so they will be able to go back and listen to everything that was said... so that sounds good.

Next, I get to cancel my insurance policy.

Then, I get to be uninsured because I'll be uninsurable because other insurance companies will now consider me a "pre-existing condition." Obamacare's pre-existing condition protections don't kick in until 2014.

Cant

#422090 - 01/14/13 08:07 PM . [Re: cant_remember]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/15/13 10:49 AM)

#422092 - 01/14/13 08:24 PM * [Re: cant_remember]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:04 PM)

#422116 - 01/15/13 02:50 AM Re: Screwed by my insurance co. [Re: cant_remember]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Cant are you sure that is the law in your state?? In NJ, pre-existing condition clause doesn't apply if you have been uninsured for less than 61 days. Besides why do you have to cancel your insurance, if you get the ombudsman to convince Anthem to pay for your therapy why cancel your insurance. Then you'll have none and nothing gets paid for you including anything serious. If the law in your state is that you will not get coverage with a new insurance company that's even more reason not to cancel. Check it out and if the state does give you 60 days remember to get a letter of coverage detailing the dates you had coverage with them.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.