Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (1islandboy, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#422054 - 01/14/13 08:44 AM Letter to Self
Ian Alexander Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dear Self:

They say waking up is hard to do, especially when itís time to wake up from bad dreams and start making plans for a brighter future. They also say you donít know a good thing until itís gone. It is crazy to consider how much your life can be changed all in an instant. Life is a gift that should be cherished, and someone like you should not waste another moment in misery. Would you like to wake up years down the road and question what happened to your life? Wake up now!

Why are you choosing to be depressed and are continuing to suffer, even though your life is only beginning? You are imprisoned from the events of your past, and your mind is clouded with negative emotions of pain and hurt. Yes, you may have had some tragic and traumatizing events occur, but youíre a survivor. Nobody or nothing can ever take that away from you. Allow me to express my lack of astonishment that you are feeling tiresome, considering the amount of energy you have been putting forth to hold yourself in captivity. You have allowed the events of a past loser to completely destroy your future. His actions do not define who you are, nor have they ever. While heís been out of style and exiled from your life, somehow you continue to play the same tune in your head. I love finding a place where itís quiet enough that you can control the jukebox and get on with your life.

You sell yourself short of your true potential, and I find it difficult comprehending why you would ever want to be poor. Whatís happened is in the past. Just like the seasons, people have the ability to change. I believe that one of the worst things in life is wasted talent. You, one of the most deserving people I know, were destined for greatness. If anybody can make something happen, itís you. Set your goals high so that you can someday accomplish them. I recognize what you are capable of, and that you can get whatever you want. Now, itís time to put those skills to the test. Never give up, never surrender. Donít ever lose sight of who you are. Itís dangerous worrying about what others think. Always remember the things that make you happy and youíll make it far!

Xx

P.S. Although you may not see it at the moment, please know you are never alone. Ever! Sometimes the hardest things in life are what make you the strongest. You shall be released from all of your fears without any intent of them returning. Itís time for you to be free of past demons. You are leaving the past behind and will speed toward the unknown, the future. Looks like this is your time to shine, and start living life on the edge! Better buckle up and prepare to hold on tight for a bumpy ride. It will be a long journey, but it will so be worth it.

#422073 - 01/14/13 02:28 PM Re: Letter to Self [Re: Ian Alexander]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Bravo!

#422075 - 01/14/13 03:16 PM Re: Letter to Self [Re: Ian Alexander]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Beautiful and so inspiring.
Thank you for sharing your letter to self with us!
How come that you wrote it, was this part of some therapy?

Pero

#422082 - 01/14/13 06:38 PM Re: Letter to Self [Re: Ian Alexander]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
EXCELLENT! and don't ever forget it...
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#422183 - 01/15/13 08:14 PM * [Re: Ian Alexander]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:06 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.