Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jak, Doubter, 3 invisible), 59 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438170 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#421844 - 01/11/13 08:04 AM What happens when you are raped as an adult man ??
honey Offline

I was luckily never raped as a child , but there were things about me always odd enough !
I am only attracted to men , so might be gay but I never remember being sexually abused !
My SSA came when I was 13 and never went away but lately as I have crossed my 18 and become more aware , I feel they have increased..
I am 23 ...

Anyways sticking to the topic , I often hear how even adult male rape survivors are often horrified and thats understandable

but still what does it feel like on physical , emotional , mental , etc etc levels when rape (or gang rape ) happens to an adult man ???

Why does it break him away ?? (AND I have heard even men who were gay are horrified by gang rape experience .
I am not saying they should enjoy it or might have just coz they were gay
BUT humbly wondering , Why does rape (or gang rape) shake a man ( or gay man) so much ???

#421957 - 01/13/13 01:29 AM Re: What happens when you are raped as an adult man ?? [Re: honey]
harrym Offline

Loc: San Diego County, CA USA
Pardon me for saying so, but are you kidding me?

I was a victim of adult male rape, and let me tell you, there is no pleasure (and I am a gay man). It's violence.

I am not going into the 2-hour ordeal, but do know that I was diagnosed with PTSD because of it.

So to answer your question, yes it is devastating.

Harry

#421962 - 01/13/13 03:53 AM Re: What happens when you are raped as an adult man ?? [Re: honey]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
What does feel to be so much hurt, beaten and broken that you can't stand and you are near your death?

I need to ask are you really honest with us and why do you ask such question?

#421989 - 01/13/13 01:47 PM Re: What happens when you are raped as an adult man ?? [Re: honey]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Honey,

Why are you on this site. You do not sound like a friend or a survivor. Do you understand that rape of children or adults, men or women are not primarily about sex. It is an assault.

It is about power, control. humiliation violation and self justified expression of domination over others who are weaker and available.

The experience is that of any other assualt. Emotionally devistating, traumatic and a violation of any sense of safety.

#421990 - 01/13/13 01:49 PM Re: What happens when you are raped as an adult man ?? [Re: honey]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Honey

Can I suggest you read the protocols about this forum and spend time searching for information BEFORE you making comments.

You asked - so here is a link what it is like to be raped...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=396502#Post396502

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.