Newest Members
Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone, teba
12117 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cam76, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62511 Topics
438089 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#421933 - 01/12/13 05:19 PM Hey
mrsark Offline

Loc: Wellington
Hi Everyone hows it going? My name is N and I am a survivor of sexual abuse.

I have just ended a two year relationship and my behaviour and actions in the relationship have made me start looking at what happened to me when I was younger.

I never wanted to have a victim mentality to let my wounds affect me but unfortunately I think it is, I don't recognise the face starring back at me from the mirror at the moment.

I saw a lot of anger from other victims and I guess I have moved passed the anger of what happened and wasn't sure if their company was where I was meant to be. I am not angry at what happened at the man that did this to me, I am just confused. I want to know what impact it is having on me know and how I can 'fix' myself.

I am hoping that by engaging on here I will meet some people I can talk with and with the anonymity finally be honest with people.

I am going to a support group but it is all older men and I am keen to find some guys my own age who I can relate to about this.

I hope that as others help me on my journey I may be able to offer my hand and words to someone else.

N

#421934 - 01/12/13 05:24 PM Re: Hey [Re: mrsark]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome N. I am older and I think no matter our age we all have many of the same feelings and issues. I am happy you are here at a young age--because it is important to face the abuse and be able to move forward with your life. For us starting the healing in our 40's/50's we have lost part of our lives. But we seek like you, a brighter and happy future. Good luck

#421943 - 01/12/13 09:27 PM Re: Hey [Re: mrsark]
mrsark Offline

Loc: Wellington
I don't doubt that, I am more looking to connect with younger guys who are going through stuff at the same point in life, don't know if that makes sense. I have a lot of really supportive older guys at the group I have started going to.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.