Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (irishguym, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441945 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#421933 - 01/12/13 05:19 PM Hey
mrsark Offline

Loc: Wellington
Hi Everyone hows it going? My name is N and I am a survivor of sexual abuse.

I have just ended a two year relationship and my behaviour and actions in the relationship have made me start looking at what happened to me when I was younger.

I never wanted to have a victim mentality to let my wounds affect me but unfortunately I think it is, I don't recognise the face starring back at me from the mirror at the moment.

I saw a lot of anger from other victims and I guess I have moved passed the anger of what happened and wasn't sure if their company was where I was meant to be. I am not angry at what happened at the man that did this to me, I am just confused. I want to know what impact it is having on me know and how I can 'fix' myself.

I am hoping that by engaging on here I will meet some people I can talk with and with the anonymity finally be honest with people.

I am going to a support group but it is all older men and I am keen to find some guys my own age who I can relate to about this.

I hope that as others help me on my journey I may be able to offer my hand and words to someone else.

N

#421934 - 01/12/13 05:24 PM Re: Hey [Re: mrsark]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome N. I am older and I think no matter our age we all have many of the same feelings and issues. I am happy you are here at a young age--because it is important to face the abuse and be able to move forward with your life. For us starting the healing in our 40's/50's we have lost part of our lives. But we seek like you, a brighter and happy future. Good luck

#421943 - 01/12/13 09:27 PM Re: Hey [Re: mrsark]
mrsark Offline

Loc: Wellington
I don't doubt that, I am more looking to connect with younger guys who are going through stuff at the same point in life, don't know if that makes sense. I have a lot of really supportive older guys at the group I have started going to.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.