Newest Members
mgomez, bobafette999, jeremy slicker, Hope4better, SoFarAhead
12644 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alexamenabar1977 (38), Clark (35), cogito (54), KMCINVA (59), Naill (35), needtobefreed (51), static_00 (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12644 Members
74 Forums
64933 Topics
454017 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#421892 - 01/12/13 01:15 AM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hey, Matt!

i'm glad it went so well for you. i think you needed that and it will be a good milestone.

about your friend - chances are, it was just what he needed too. it can't have been easy - most likely he's never talked about it out loud in a group of regular guys - but sounds like you were all supportive and will be there for him when he needs it. this could very well be a very healing moment for him, too.

Lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

#421910 - 01/12/13 08:14 AM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Matt

So So So relieved that you are still 'one of the boys'. I hope this helps you realise that the abuse doesn't define who you are. You are still a great bloke and your friends still think you are cool.

I agree eith traveler about the other guy. We all know how tough getting it out can be - but I think it had to be healing for him .... or at least the start of healing.

Lee

#421926 - 01/12/13 03:13 PM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
Happy Birthday KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Matt

That is wonderful feedback. I am glad you received the compassion you deserved. I did something accidentally and I thought stupid--I posted to the One Heart--the Penn State Facebook page a bit of what I was going through. I thought it was a private posting-but it wasn't. When I got the first message from a friend--I was dumbfounded and scared. It was very supportive. But out of fear I did not check my facebook page for several days. The messages had piled and I dreaded when I opened them--like you they were so supportive, compassionate and understanding. It seems those you know and not those that think they know everything (and I have few who think they know everything about CSA--but they don't) can open their hearts to the pain we suffered.

I hope it helps you and the triggers become less and life more enjoyable. I am waiting for that day. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.