Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Scott1962, Obi, 1 invisible), 7 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444051 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#421883 - 01/11/13 11:47 PM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Straight, married, 3 adult kids, but with history of SSA and sexual dysfunction and confusion - for predictable and understandable reasons! i am sure that the dysfunction and SSA came from the CSA. there is a very clear and strong and obvious connection.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#421884 - 01/12/13 12:05 AM * [Re: honey]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:01 PM)

#421885 - 01/12/13 12:07 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: honey
are heterosexual ???

I know a few men who are gay and suffer CSA by another man .
I wonder if CSA cause homosexuality or bisexuality or was it just a coincidence ??

Of all the men who had gone through CSA by another man , how many % usually end up as heterosexual when they grow up and settle down with a woman and family of their own ??

CSA Age 7 to 14, all by older boys. Regular and frequent and "all."
Sexuality = none

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#421886 - 01/12/13 12:11 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy
I knew I was gay before the CSA happened and based on what I've read and experienced I do not think the abuse had anything to do with my sexual orientation.

Like Gary, I knew I was gay before the abuse started. I really don't think that abuse turns men gay. Maybe it can cause confusion, but I think you just know if you're gay (or bi) or not. I'm sure there are statistics and studys out there that can corroborate with this.

#421887 - 01/12/13 12:27 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: Chase Eric]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
I don't buy the idea that the abuse - especially at the formative years of sexual awakening - has no effect on future sexual orientation.

Well...it DID for me in that I was ravenously homosexually oriented as a kid. It got some strange flow of hormones et. al. going so that I was a self-declared sex addict by age 10 (the perps fully agreed). But once they were done with me, who knows...who cares!

My last trip to the PsychMD and GP MD claim that the traumatic brain development is still unknown in extent with kids, but the last scan showed abby normal stuff. They point to that as why I did not hit puberty till 15.5 years old, but was having orgasms from age 10 - on.

So if all that crap can happen from trauma and sexual exposure, why not effect orientation?

EDIT: BTW...I Still HATE all of this...with a passion!!
Find myself saying "how dare they!!!!" about 100 times a day.

Edited by Still (01/12/13 12:28 AM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#421889 - 01/12/13 12:37 AM * [Re: CloudyFalls]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:01 PM)

#421893 - 01/12/13 01:28 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
I know a few men who are gay and suffer CSA by another man .
I wonder if CSA cause homosexuality or bisexuality or was it just a coincidence ??

Heterosexual myself.

I wonder if more homosexuality or bisexuality men are able to admit the abuse compared to heterosexual men.

#421896 - 01/12/13 01:45 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Dunno?

I'm primarily straight but think about guys a lot - especially if I haven't gotten laid in a while. I figured I must be bi, until I came here and learned about SSA. Confusing and unanswerable, no wayto know if I was born this way or the abuse caused it. I try not to dwell on it too much since it's part of me regardless.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#421900 - 01/12/13 04:09 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I think Blacken has a point here, but one other thing occurs to me.

Because recovering survivers of csa have! to be honest about their attractions and sexual feelings, while it is likely untrue that a man who experienced csa by a male is "made gay" or whatever, it is! probably true that a man who happens to be buy or homosexual is much more honest about it if they're recovering from any sort of csa simply because that is the nature of the beast.

One lady (actually a family friend), was married for 11 years before admitting both to herself and to everyone else that she was homosexual, indeed part of the reason the mariage broke down was her catagorical refusal to have children.

She said she always assumed that there was something wrong with her being attracted to other women, and went through the full mariage thing with a fellow because it was expected. had she considdered the point with a little more clarity, as in fact she did later, she'd have realized that she was homosexuall.

It is certainly true I've noticed a lot more guys on this board being far more open about their preferences than would be usual anywhere else, so I wonder if that is a factor.

Myself, I often actually wish I was attracted to men, since my genophobia and problems with touch are not half as crytical with other guys as with women (a result of being victimized by girls), but I'm genuinely not.

#421904 - 01/12/13 06:30 AM Re: How many male survivors who were CSA are heterosex [Re: honey]
crazy gecko Offline

I'm straight.

I'm among those who believe that if you look at the profile of the kind of boy predators go after (loner, insecure, socially awkward, etc), you'll find that a disproportionate number of gay boys fit that profile. The unseen victims of homophobia...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.