Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, TJ jeff, GT13568, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64188 Topics
447910 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42180 - 12/10/03 04:26 PM Re: 'Whispers' ::Trigger warning...::
Whicker Offline

Loc: Pastures of Oregon
Dave,

Thank You.
:-)

Whicker

#42181 - 12/11/03 10:31 AM Re: 'Whispers' ::Trigger warning...::
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Your post is so much of me, so real to me, it scares me some. As long as I can remember, I hear voices in my head. Since I am child. Sometime I would get in trouble, at church or at school or at home, because I would be trying so hard to hear them, I would not be paying attention to what I needed to.

Sometime, the voices are recognizable, such as my coach, my father, sometime even my own voice (my father would make me say that I am bad boy, stupid ugly boy, that I am evil, need to be punished, and I think it affects me more even now, that I said that of myself, then him saying it of me). Sometime they are strangers, not nice, not friendly or helpful at all. Usually, I can not hear what they say, they are like dark angry hissing whipsers. Like to hear someone blow into microphone, always that heavy windy sound on top of them. All I know is that to me, as it seems, they are not nice at all, just is anger and fear.

Now that i have been in therapy for some months, she says maybe it is I have 'others' inside me, well, that seem to be case, since other people have 'met' them. But, she suggests maybe they are those voices, trying to tell me something, to remind me of memories I've forgotten, maybe to try help me. I am not sure of all that, because as I say, they seem dark and mean. But I am trying to deal more of it.

Recently, I hear them outside of me, like if I am on telephone, or listening to radio. That scares me more, I think, then having them in my head.

I am not sure what advice I can give you, other then to try to hear them, what they say, but if what they say is ugly or wrong, try to ignore it. It is words of bad people from the past, and you do not deserve that.

For what it is worth, I wish you well.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#42182 - 12/11/03 09:10 PM Re: 'Whispers' ::Trigger warning...::
Whicker Offline

Loc: Pastures of Oregon
Leosha,

Thank you for the response.
I am sorry that your 'Whispers' are so troubling, too. It makes it hard to get by in the regular world, when they are always present.
I wish I could just hit the 'Mute' button, to shut them up, but I've been told that would only give them more power over me; making things more difficult in trying to heal.

Be Well, and know, as I have learned, that you are not alone with such pain. There are others still struggling too.

Whicker

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.