Newest Members
Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless, Rail-Fan-79, cowboysfan#1
12595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bklyngirl (34), ccbc (46), duckmanfat (41), firedog (39), Lansner (49), Peter 1950 (65), Sunshine1 (50)
Who's Online
8 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, betrayed boy, iaccus, BraveFalcon, 3 invisible), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12595 Members
74 Forums
64670 Topics
451948 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#421536 - 01/08/13 04:29 PM Introducing Myself
MaxxCor Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western Washington
Hello gentlemen, well at least I think you're all guys anyway.
My name is Marcus, I'm a 50 year old gay man. I was sexually abused by my father from age 5 to age 11. I'm in therapy and recovery and have been for 9 years now. The sexual abuse history came roaring back to my memory a few years ago. I've been struggling with it since then.
My therapist recommended this site so I'm checking it out. I know I need contact with someone else who has been through this and is a little further along the healing path to listen to and talk with.
I have confronted my father, about six months ago and the family all know about it. It's been a rough time but I know I'm doing what I think is best for me and my therapist supports it. I just hate feeling so alone with this.
I also have Dissociative Identity Disorder as a result of this abuse. (google it!)
My life is not a living hell any more thanks to the work I've done so far. But I know I have to dig in to this and start claiming parts of my life back that were taken by his abuse.
I want to cry but can't do so yet. Maybe soon!
Thanks for being here.

#421543 - 01/08/13 05:05 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Welcome Maxx

I've only been here since November, but I have found this a comfortable and safe place, Also, almost impossibly, I have even felt validated by some of our peers. I have been diagnosed with chronic major depression and DOESNOS (a form of CPTSD).

The only people who aren't males are friends and family and they have to announce themselves in common areas, and will leave if anyone is uncomfortable.

I am glad you are on your healing journey, I have been in therapy for about 20years, I have learned to accept that I cry and I am no longer expecting "if you don't stop crying I will give you something to cry about." There are times I wish I could avoid crying now that I cry often, so it goes.

Hope you find this site as helpful as I have

#421695 - 01/09/13 08:53 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Welcome .. I to have only been here since November and it is a safe comfortable place to be.
Very sorry to hear of your diagnosis ..
Please join us and be content smile

#421707 - 01/09/13 10:17 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

The most wonderful thing about this place is that you are most certainly not alone. No two experiences are truly alike - there are so many different dynamics with every experience that you may find you share one specific thing with one person, and another with another person. The lasting shame and dysfunction, however, seem more universal, differing only by degree.

Welcome, Maxx.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#421708 - 01/09/13 10:27 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Chase Eric]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
The most wonderful thing about this place is that you are most certainly not alone.

Add to that the wonderful fact that there is generally not any distance between the gay men and the straight guys. This is a place where we are all just men.

Jude
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

#421837 - 01/11/13 04:41 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome. Welcome. And welcome

I hope this place gives you more fuel for healing and reclaiming your life- soundsike you have already done some heavy lifting In your recovery! Be gentle with yourself and learn how to truly take care of you - we abused males are complicated and often struggle with life- this is a safe place to share and seek support.

It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#433235 - 05/02/13 01:46 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: Jude]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Add to that the wonderful fact that there is generally not any distance between the gay men and the straight guys. This is a place where we are all just men.

Absolutely Jude!! For me that is very important!!

#433249 - 05/02/13 05:21 AM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome smile

may your visits to this forum be as beneficial to you as they have been for me.

War
Love
Poetry

#433303 - 05/02/13 03:16 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 11:18 PM)

#433305 - 05/02/13 03:30 PM Re: Introducing Myself [Re: MaxxCor]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
You're among friends Maxx. Our stories are often different, sometimes not. You'll likely find pieces of your own story, some of 'em BIG, among us.

I'll add to Mountainous Buck's note on being gentle with yourself. Though tempting, try not to absorb too much at once.

And, as a gay man, I'll reiterate what Jude said. I've only been on MS since July, but I'm continually surprised that my sexual orientation doesn't seem to be an issue. We're just guys...who have survived not just sexual assault, but assaults on our souls. From my 50-something perspective, though out for decades, that's huge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.