Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (bluesky, john22, jmr2191, Seekingwisdom, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445555 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#421892 - 01/12/13 01:15 AM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hey, Matt!

i'm glad it went so well for you. i think you needed that and it will be a good milestone.

about your friend - chances are, it was just what he needed too. it can't have been easy - most likely he's never talked about it out loud in a group of regular guys - but sounds like you were all supportive and will be there for him when he needs it. this could very well be a very healing moment for him, too.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#421910 - 01/12/13 08:14 AM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Matt

So So So relieved that you are still 'one of the boys'. I hope this helps you realise that the abuse doesn't define who you are. You are still a great bloke and your friends still think you are cool.

I agree eith traveler about the other guy. We all know how tough getting it out can be - but I think it had to be healing for him .... or at least the start of healing.

Lee

#421926 - 01/12/13 03:13 PM Re: Monday: Private vindication [Re: SoccerStar]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Matt

That is wonderful feedback. I am glad you received the compassion you deserved. I did something accidentally and I thought stupid--I posted to the One Heart--the Penn State Facebook page a bit of what I was going through. I thought it was a private posting-but it wasn't. When I got the first message from a friend--I was dumbfounded and scared. It was very supportive. But out of fear I did not check my facebook page for several days. The messages had piled and I dreaded when I opened them--like you they were so supportive, compassionate and understanding. It seems those you know and not those that think they know everything (and I have few who think they know everything about CSA--but they don't) can open their hearts to the pain we suffered.

I hope it helps you and the triggers become less and life more enjoyable. I am waiting for that day. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.