Newest Members
SammyJG, Rod2112, Mark71, oic, ocean
12884 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (49), Gaius (51), JoziSA (53), mmafan66 (49), nltsaved (37), RMM (53), Steve63 (52), zenboy (52)
Who's Online
4 registered (crabbott, wearytraveler, Dissociated1, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12884 Members
75 Forums
66684 Topics
465954 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#421350 - 01/07/13 02:59 AM Do you think there are exceptions?
Daniel_forgotten Offline

Receantly I learnt from two people I know... they are father and son but they also have a twisted couple relationship. they are living together and claim to be happy.

are they freakin exceptions or this is just a farce?

#421352 - 01/07/13 03:07 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
peroperic2009 Offline

Loc: South-East Europe
I would say it is just a farce. There are a lot dysfunctional relationships and incestuous families.
Please take care of yourself and if ever possible stay away from such people frown
Be well!
My story

#421354 - 01/07/13 03:13 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
crazy gecko Offline

Whatever it is, it is definitely dysfunctional and unhealthy. Maybe they believe they are happy. There are enough stories on this site about victims who believed they had a relationship with their perps and that they were "lovers", and how damaging that turned out to be. I don't see how this can be any different.

No good can ever come of incest.
I guess what I'm trying to say
Is whose life is it anyway because livin'
Living is the best revenge
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#421356 - 01/07/13 03:44 AM . [Re: crazy gecko]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 08:53 PM)

#421370 - 01/07/13 08:13 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
SoccerStar Offline

Loc: New York
I could plausibly believe that *some* types of adult/child encounters result in no real damage, so long as they are completely free of pain / fear / shame / regret / one-sidedness / inescapability / inability to form normal relationships afterwards.

The only way that could ever be the case with parent / child incest would be if it began in adulthood, after the child had had a normal upbringing with normal parental roles.

Obviously both sets of "no harm" criteria are incredibly rare, the latter moreso. Reminds me of the development of psychic powers in Babylon-5: "One in every thousand humans is telepathic. One in every ten thousand telepaths is telekinetic - and half of those are insane."
My story

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#421371 - 01/07/13 08:32 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Mountainous Buck Offline

Loc: Minnesota
The role of a parent is to selflessly raise a child to be a healthy autonomous and mature adult who is capable of making his/her own decisions and seek their own destiny in this world.

Children need SAFE nurturing and guidance to develop - and part of this development is to be kept free from sexuslization until their are emotionally capable to explore this FOR THEMSELVES.

Any use of a child for one's own purposes- emotional, sexual, etc is a violation of the role of parent and damage the upbringing of the child.
We have to take responsibility for what we're not responsible for.

“It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#421379 - 01/07/13 09:46 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
traveler Offline

Loc: somewhere in Africa
NO exceptions. this is just a typical way of justifying the unjustifiable!
There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all. - Hamlet, Act 5, sc 2

#421387 - 01/07/13 10:54 AM Re: Do you think there are exceptions? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
cant_remember Offline

Most likely, they are lying to themselves to protect themselves from their own pain.

It's easier for the "son" to say that it's good than for him to acknowledge that he has been trained to believe a lie his whole life. And of course, his "father" wants him to believe that lie as well.

When you have the strength to acknowledge the pain that it has caused, then the whole illusion falls away.

Recovery is possible. Hang in there, brothers.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.