Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444013 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426081 - 02/21/13 07:47 PM Re: Abuse by my mother [Re: admorris]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Glad you posted, admorris. Though a long read you might find my thread interesting:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=426057&page=1

imo, no, you do NOT have to love/forgive her. In my experience, people who have told me that are clueless at best, patronizing at worst. Particularly at this point in dealing with the abuse it's irrelevant and something perhaps for later, if ever. What she did to you was worse than what happened to me (mine was only physical, verbal and emotional...and virtually delivered me nicely-wrapped to my perp).

Again, imo, keeping people close to you who support your recovery is crucial. That may mean keeping others at arms-distance or even cutting them off. Well, whatever. It's YOUR life.

For myself, no, I don't forgive her. Though I cut her off long ago, her abusive behavior has continued to this day with other family members who are similarly fed up with it and have all but cut her off. Do I wish her all the worst? Sometimes. But what I'm finding is that she's already experiencing that karma boomerang anyway. She's a horrible, selfish, manipulative woman. If you'll forgive the New Age vernacular, the Universe is doing far worse to her than I ever could...and it saves me the trouble.

#426885 - 03/01/13 10:16 PM Re: Abuse by my mother [Re: admorris]
darkpassenger Offline

i can't believe that after so many years i have finally found i wasn't alone, Zug i am similar to you, my mother denies anything happened but i know in my heart it did. please pm me for info

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.