Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (md4e, dan_in_newengland, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#421203 - 01/06/13 01:08 AM Re: Was This Abuse? [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Update....I went to the camp's website and they had a promotional video which showed, among other things, boys swimming and playing in the water with trunks on! I am hoping that the nude swimming has been discontinued, but then, they probably wouldn't show it like that on their website.

The thing is, this is a christian camp which boasts in its advertising: "Building Godly young men in a Christ-centered community, through wilderness camping". Nowhere on their website does it mention public nudity as being part of that program. Lazy Pirate said it best:
Originally Posted By: Lazy Pirate
The fact that it was mandatory to swim naked... & not disclosed to the parents, seems to make it a situation ripe for abuse in my books. Who knows what could have happened that your boys didn't know about!?!?

After reading your replies, I've decided that at the least, it was inappropriate. And at the worst, it created an opportunity for little boys to be exploited by a pedophile in their midst. I can't abide with that, and I never would have allowed it had I known at the time.

Jude
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real"
Van Halen

#421205 - 01/06/13 01:20 AM * [Re: Jude]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:52 PM)

#421213 - 01/06/13 01:59 AM Re: Was This Abuse? [Re: Jude]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
In many stATEs an adult showing himself to children under the age of consent (13 to 18 years) is illegal. The act of wexposure by adults is in and of itself define as child abuse.

There are exceptions when dealing with family members, but in public with requirements that the children are exposed as well as the adults are exposed to the children constitutes abuse. If some states this is felony abuse.

No you are not making to much of this.

#421248 - 01/06/13 11:21 AM Re: Was This Abuse? [Re: Jude]
crazy gecko Offline

I'm not sure if it was abuse, but it was definitely inappropriate. VERY inappropriate, and if someone did that to my kid, I'd be livid!
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.