Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (mike1965, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63109 Topics
441332 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420927 - 01/04/13 04:42 AM I told my girlfriend about it.
Sebastien Cruz Offline

Loc: Philippines
Hello.

James 4:17 - Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is SIN.

After much contemplation and hesitation, I finally had the guts to tell my girlfriend about my past. Well i never really said everything in graphic because im afraid it might scare her off, but i guess it's a good start for me. I have never felt this good and relieved for a long time and what makes me happy is her understanding. She told me that no matter what happens, she'll always stay by my side and that she'll always be there to support me and pray for me. It took a lot of courage and trust for me to open this matter to her and im very glad it turned out well. this motivates me to help myself even more, i know i can pass and overcome this hurdle in my life right now and i believe one way of doing so is by taking it slow, starting with small steps like this.

i know these times may be tough, but i know i need to be tougher. I believe im not alone in this endeavor, many others have not only experienced the same but also got out of it just fine. smile

i just want to share this to you guys. hope this can inspire others especially those still in confusion. "think of how strong you can be, then try to be stronger everyday. once you've hit the strongest point, everything will be so easy."

God Bless:)

,Sebastien

#420929 - 01/04/13 05:23 AM Re: I told my girlfriend about it. [Re: Sebastien Cruz]
crazy gecko Offline

hey Sebastien

Well done for having the courage to disclose your abuse to your girlfriend! That was a very brave thing to do, and I'm really happy for you that it went so well. Having the support of the woman you love is a huge help. I know that the last few months would have been much harder for me if I didn't have my girlfriend in my corner. smile

You are definitely not alone in this. We are all brothers here, fighting this fight together, shoulder to shoulder...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.