Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
7 registered (Bluedogone, don64, 4 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63432 Topics
443431 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420719 - 01/02/13 06:18 PM Governor Corbett, I Hate You
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
I can't believe how much one person, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett, can stand in the way of justice.

I just watched Corbett's announcement of suing the NCAA over the sanctions imposed on and accepted by Penn State. I hope his own actions are examined closer as a result of digging back into this.

And then there is Corbett again, standing in the way of statute reform in Penna. What a f*ck!ng A$$.

#420721 - 01/02/13 07:17 PM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
gottymeguy Offline

I thought it was terrible to hear about this as well. I never liked Corbett.

#420934 - 01/04/13 07:05 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
Thank you Michael Barkann for sticking the tough questions to Corbett last night on an interview with the Guv. on Comcast Sportsnet. Should have seem Corbett stammer through his responses. Corbett said that if they prosecuted Sandusky for a single abuse case and it didnt convict that no other claims could be brought forth, that simply cannot be true. Anyone?

#420962 - 01/04/13 10:11 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
he couldn't have the same claim, from the same person, brought up twice....

however, others could bring up their claims.

my story

my vlog

#420964 - 01/04/13 10:25 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

If you read Aaron Fisher's book (Silent No More) you can see this process play out in real time.

As much as I would love to hate everything Corbett says (because he's a snake), there is some truth to this.

Others *could* bring other claims if the first claim (Fisher's) would have failed, but that would make it harder to prove the secondary claims if Sandusky walked on the first one.

For instance, while Mike McQueary was rightly criticized for not helping that boy in the shower in 2001, it was *HIS* testimony at the grand jury that was the tipping point. While he should have said something sooner, when he testified the grand jury saw him as a credible witness and things moved in the right direction.

Without McQueary (and other victims), Fisher could have been painted by Sandusky's defense team as a money-grubber, and the jury would be willing to believe it in order to keep hold of their illusions. It was only overwhelming proof that tipped the scale.

That said, it still seems pretty clear that Corbett delayed the investigation until his race for governor was over. He's still a scumbag.

Cant

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.