Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Seekingwisdom, myrlin, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447681 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420719 - 01/02/13 06:18 PM Governor Corbett, I Hate You
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
I can't believe how much one person, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett, can stand in the way of justice.

I just watched Corbett's announcement of suing the NCAA over the sanctions imposed on and accepted by Penn State. I hope his own actions are examined closer as a result of digging back into this.

And then there is Corbett again, standing in the way of statute reform in Penna. What a f*ck!ng A$$.

#420721 - 01/02/13 07:17 PM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
gottymeguy Offline

I thought it was terrible to hear about this as well. I never liked Corbett.

#420934 - 01/04/13 07:05 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Michael Barkann for sticking the tough questions to Corbett last night on an interview with the Guv. on Comcast Sportsnet. Should have seem Corbett stammer through his responses. Corbett said that if they prosecuted Sandusky for a single abuse case and it didnt convict that no other claims could be brought forth, that simply cannot be true. Anyone?

#420962 - 01/04/13 10:11 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
he couldn't have the same claim, from the same person, brought up twice....

however, others could bring up their claims.

my story

my vlog

#420964 - 01/04/13 10:25 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

If you read Aaron Fisher's book (Silent No More) you can see this process play out in real time.

As much as I would love to hate everything Corbett says (because he's a snake), there is some truth to this.

Others *could* bring other claims if the first claim (Fisher's) would have failed, but that would make it harder to prove the secondary claims if Sandusky walked on the first one.

For instance, while Mike McQueary was rightly criticized for not helping that boy in the shower in 2001, it was *HIS* testimony at the grand jury that was the tipping point. While he should have said something sooner, when he testified the grand jury saw him as a credible witness and things moved in the right direction.

Without McQueary (and other victims), Fisher could have been painted by Sandusky's defense team as a money-grubber, and the jury would be willing to believe it in order to keep hold of their illusions. It was only overwhelming proof that tipped the scale.

That said, it still seems pretty clear that Corbett delayed the investigation until his race for governor was over. He's still a scumbag.

Cant

#472133 - 11/03/14 08:05 PM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Goodbye Tom Corbett." I hope that is what I am chanting tomorrow evening. Gov. Corbett has been an embarrassment to Pennsylvanian survivors of abuse. On the eve of the election for the next Governor of PA, Corbett's opponent, Dem. Tom Wolf, has a double digit lead in the polls.

Think of all the harm Corbett has done:

Led the non-investigation into Sandusky back when he was attorney general;

Committed ONE investigator to the case;

After the Sandusky story exploded, Corbett appointed a self serving panel of experts to head the commission that reviewed what could be done to solve the problem and amazingly, they "didn't even consider statute reform" according to commission head Mr. Heckler.

Met with RCC Bishops and RCC lobby groups, and especially Archbishop Chaput of Phila, to listen to their reasons for no statute of limitations reform, or a window.

Refused / declined to meet with survivors of abuse, to discuss their reasons for pushing statute reform;

And the list could continue BUT tomorrow it ends.

Goodbye Corbett, even the RCC money couldn't get you re-elected. That's how pathetic you've been for Pennsylvanians.

#472162 - 11/04/14 08:13 AM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: brother2none
I can't believe how much one person, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett, can stand in the way of justice.

I just watched Corbett's announcement of suing the NCAA over the sanctions imposed on and accepted by Penn State. I hope his own actions are examined closer as a result of digging back into this.

And then there is Corbett again, standing in the way of statute reform in Penna. What a f*ck!ng A$$.

The TRUE character of people comes out in these cases wherein popular offenders are excused. I am certain that the Gov was well-aware of the NCAA deal in advance of it happening.

What disturbs me greatly (and you don't want to disturb me greatly!!!) is that the media, govt, university and even MS allowed this travesty of injustice to go un-noticed, unchallenged, and ill-explained.

As I said in another thread, Penn Snake's reprieve provided confidence for the High School Football rapists in Sayerville PA. There's NO WAY it did not.

The true color of people shines through dramatically when they have to give-up ANYTHING they like or want to find justice.

The behaviour of Penn Snake this Fall has been disgusting! The behaviour of the Sayerville parents has been an abject crime. They are ALL enablers and they are ALL rabid evil creatures!

#472194 - 11/04/14 09:01 PM Re: Governor Corbett, I Hate You [Re: brother2none]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Goodbye Corbett..

my story

my vlog

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.