Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (bluesky, PhoenixRising, 2 invisible), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420643 - 01/01/13 08:44 PM Intro
odie Offline

Loc: NJ
My counselor recommended this site to me and I am posting for the first time.

I am a 47 year old gay man who has only in the last year began to deal with the abuse I suffered at the hands of my brother. This has affected every aspect of my life. I am a food addict and my highest weight was 530. I started going to a recovery center 16 months ago and when I stated I weighed 484 pounds and I have lost 211 pounds. I am also in a 12 step program and the spiritual and emotional healing are just as important as the physical. I have done much damage to my body from my obesity and I am doing everything to improve my life.

Now that I have put down the food I need to face up to what happened to me. I struggle with the fact that I have only flashes and some body memories and at times I think that maybe I am wrong but I know in my heart it happened. I am working with my counselor on this now and I need to keep moving in my recovery and posting this is a huge step for me - I am very uncomfortable around groups of men so walking into a group that deals with this right now is just to scary for me.

#420645 - 01/01/13 08:57 PM Re: Intro [Re: odie]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Welcome, odie!
you will find many kindred spirits here - guys who relate to different details of your story.
congrats on the progress you have made already.
may your time spent with us be another giant step in your healing.
you are not alone.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#420816 - 01/03/13 09:56 AM Re: Intro [Re: odie]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Odie! You have friends here who get it! Keep coming.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.