Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, MissesMe), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#420632 - 01/01/13 06:47 PM PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#420638 - 01/01/13 07:42 PM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I believe the sanctions and fines should be used to educate people about CSA and most importantly to finance programs to help the victims/survivors. Penn State's revenue from football is generated due to advertising and promotion that reaches all states in the US. Their actions affected not only PA but also every state it plays. So to say it should remain in PA seems irrelevant. If they did not have a national presence their revenues would be significantly less.

So stop the nonsense--get programs in place to help victims and educate all affected by this epidemic.

#420698 - 01/02/13 11:19 AM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
tshodson Offline

Here is another account of the Governor's tragic position.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/01/gov_corbett_may_challenge_ncaa.html

#420700 - 01/02/13 11:54 AM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's hard to pick sides when it's a fight between the two ugliest dogs in the neighborhood.

It's telling this is coming from the PA Governor's office. Tom Corbett's approval rating is in the toilet because of his handling of the Sandusky mess. If one reads Aaron Fisher's book, it becomes clear that Corbett delayed the arrest of Sandusky until he had jumped from Attorney General to Governor -- literally putting Aaron's life at risk in the process, purely for political gain.

It seems clear that the people of PA recognize this, so it seems Corbett is pandering to the Penn State fan base (and voting bloc) with this lawsuit.

That said, the NCAA is basically a corrupt institution that makes billions from the free labor of "student-athletes." So who gives a damn?

Can they both lose? Hopefully.

#420704 - 01/02/13 12:25 PM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
tshodson Offline

Here is the most recent story:

Here is the most recent story: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/201...ate_tossed.aspx

#420705 - 01/02/13 12:27 PM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
tshodson Offline

#420706 - 01/02/13 01:17 PM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
tshodson Offline

#420769 - 01/03/13 01:53 AM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
I submitted the following article to an online magazine. they don't pick-up any of my pieces these days..."too angry." Anyway...this is it:

Jan 2, 2013
Robert C Brown
Robertbrown@******et.net

Title: NCAA and the Teflon Dons
- Gov Tom Corbett’s refusal to own any wrongs found at Penn State.

Refusal to accept ownership; refusal to accept results, ramifications and responsibility. Outrage and indignation --- it all flows readily when Penn State is discussed in these post-Sandusky days of backlash. Penn State will lose ten-years of once-proud accomplishment. Trophies lifted on high since 1998 will forever be vapor.

A Governor sits in Harrisburg unwilling to accept the effective banishment from the church of the holiest of holy theaters of athletic achievement. Outrage! Its an outrage! The NCAA cannot do this to our school; to our state; to our athletes! I promise a lawsuit reversing the results of our misdeeds...that aren't ours’...oh bloody hell...what Sandusky did!

I wonder if he appreciates what such public tantrums do to the victims. Have they not already proven systemic culpability, institution inaction and cover-up to blatant shredding of their young lives? The message to the victims from Harrisburg seems rather clear however: We stood for your accusations. We allowed you to ruin our God. We even let our own courts lay a shroud of disgrace upon our perfect name. We’ve done enough for you boys of Sandusky’s showers. Enough! We say enough is enough!

Penn State has a cheerleader to this righteous plight. Governor Tom Corbett is calling the NCAA’s penalties unjust. The purple flag is not thrown. He is not asking for “official review” of the call. Rather, Tom Corbett is unwilling to accept any results and outcomes created by the severely broken flagship of Pennsylvania. He considers the steps taken by the NCAA to be a “death penalty” for the school and beyond their scope of authority. Furthermore, that “irreparable economic harm will come to the school, the commonwealth and its citizens.”

Corbett is arguing that affiliation is costing where it not “cost.” But in recent days, I’ve heard that such ties, connections and membership (aka “affiliation) lays direct cable of accountability to all. Namely: The NRA is to blame for murdering little school children...that they should pay with ultimate sanctions and penalties and dissolution. Or we hear that all of Christianity has ties to extremist hate...that ALL of Islam has its fingerprints on all acts of global terror.

If crimes that destroy children’s lives don’t have proximate ownership or “affiliation” to the very real estate where the acts occurred over several years, I have a hard time identifying any lesser-tie as affiliation at all.

None of the school shooters, from Conyers, GA, forward to Sandy Hook were NRA members, but the calls for NRA blood are loud and quite clear. Tom Corbett however must agree with the NRA in its assertions that its members are free of blame, regardless of the regulatory environment that may have allowed the slaughter in Newtown, CT...the regulatory environment that the NRA itself greatly created.

Tom Corbett and plenty of Penn State fanatics see no reason their precious halls of athletic achievement ought ever be held in the same light of culpability, however so slight, with Jerry Sandusky’s individual horrors. Even though all of Sandusky’s victims were plied by his golden-boy affiliation with Penn State, and affiliation with one of its great icons of victory, the institution ought not suffer.

The NCAA called Corbett’s wriggling of Penn State culpability “an affront to the victims” of the Penn State crimes. His objections and vows of legal-action reversal are a clear proclamation that there ought be no discernible, nor actionable affiliation between Paterno’s Victory Machine and the rape of little boys in the football showers.

These are the days of ever-changing definitions of accountability and responsibility. When accountability and responsibility part-company, any wrong seems to find only teflon assignment.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#420774 - 01/03/13 02:47 AM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
crazy gecko Offline

Oh Boo-hoo. They're going to loose money. Their reputation is in shambles. Boo-fucking-hoo. They should have considered that when they systematically ignored or covered up repeated accusations and against Sandusky, and protect him, his reputation, and their reputation at the cost of destroying those boys.

The whole football system at PA worked together to enable Sandusky to continue molesting those boys. The whole system is guilty and should face the consequences. Maybe then, the next school might think twice before covering for and enabling a pedophile. mad

Edited by crazy gecko (01/03/13 02:47 AM)
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#420814 - 01/03/13 09:49 AM Re: PA gov suing NCAA over Penn State sanctions [Re: traveler]
tshodson Offline

Pennsylvania's Gov. Corbett has a challenger and the opponent reminds us that Gov. Corbett initially embraced the NCAA sanctions against Penn St. Now he is spending taxpayer money to sue the NCAA to remove the sanctions...Meanwhile, the surviving young people and other unnamed victims are being forgotten while the politicians duel...
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.s..._medium=twitter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.