Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (Judith, tbkkfile, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63362 Topics
443065 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#42059 - 05/01/05 03:39 AM Sorry bout that guys
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Everyone,

As am sure all of you know by now that the site was done for most of the day. I do not have a 100% answer as to why the site crashed yet. I am working to correct any issues that may have come up from this crash. We are back up and running right now and that's what counts \:\)

Nathan

#42060 - 05/01/05 06:13 AM Re: Sorry bout that guys
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nathan,

No problem. I have problems with my web sites I manage going down. Sometimes I was my fault, but most of the time it was my Web service provider.

Do we (MS) host our own web site or do we use go through an ISP. I see we use Linux, good stuff. more stable.

Just interested for my Info.

-Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#42061 - 05/01/05 09:57 AM Re: Sorry bout that guys
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Wow, we miss it when it is down but it used to go down regular until a new server was found,

it happen,

ste

#42062 - 05/01/05 12:09 PM Re: Sorry bout that guys
sophiesdad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Coming from a true "techno-geek" I was frantically trying to see if a reply was given to my posting. I did what was called a Trace Route to your IP address and the problem seemed to be with the company that is hosting your website. I live in South Florida and the hops were fine until they reached your Hosting Company (is it Savvis.net?) in the DC area... then the Internet servers tried to re-route me to Texas where it eventually failed to connect. So, it was either your hosting service OR one of the companies that they use to link to. If anyone is "geeky" enough like I am, and want to see the amazing "hops" your computer does to get somewhere, open a command prompt (start, run, cmd) and type in
tracert http://www.companyname.com,net,org
There is a space before the www and you substitute any website for "companyname" and add the .net, .com, .org., etc. It is truly amazing where you go before reaching the destination website. Just an interesting FYI.

Sophiesdad

#42063 - 05/01/05 10:06 PM Re: Sorry bout that guys
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
that stuff freaks me out man

#42064 - 05/01/05 10:10 PM Re: Sorry bout that guys
PhillyPa Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
lol, i'm glad it wasnt cause i was banned for some reason - like i thought when firefox told me the server wasnt accepting requests from my ip. but i eventually figured it was cause the server was down...... \:D

#42065 - 05/01/05 11:02 PM Re: Sorry bout that guys
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

You weren't alone PhillyPa! I had to send Thad an email seeing if I had been banned! LOL I thought I had been behaving lately. He assured me that I hadn't. Man, paranoia runs deep!

#42067 - 05/02/05 02:18 AM Re: Sorry bout that guys
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hey guys,

First of Kevin its all good I got a lot of emails about being banned, so no worries. Their was alot of worries going around but I can tell you that we (MS) will always be around. \:\)

Lots of love, Nathan

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.