Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (finallyhere, Cthulhu, Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443940 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#420571 - 01/01/13 01:34 AM Re: Goodbye? [Re: Magellan]
Human Offline

Loc: private
Magellan, I read your post and I wanted to point out there've been studies (no cite, sorry) that suggest reading online forums (Facebook was the main one) can be depressing because people mostly only post the good stuff in thier lives. This is why I don't do "facecrack' haha! At least not currently.

Btw, have you tried volunteer stuff in San Francisco? I think that'd be a great avenue for you to seek a partner. Maybe it won't last the first time(s) so consider them 'practice partners'. Heck, it might just work. For what it's worth I too have similar difficulty with relationships, most last a weekend, if that! Need a wing man? wink

Happy New Year Magellan. Please don't be so hard on yourself. smile

#420590 - 01/01/13 11:08 AM Re: Goodbye? [Re: Magellan]
frankie72 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hey Magellan,

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I do understand where you are coming from. I often get that sense I don't belong here either, as I find it hard to be positive and able to help.

We've all been down that dark path, and had times when we are critical or angry at everything around us. If it means anything, we all likely understand why you feel you need to either leave or stop posting.

Just take your time to centre yourself and come back when you are ready. You're not alone here, and you do contribute as people have stated. Asking the hard questions is not a bad thing, and if you need to vent, I'm sure most of us understand as we have been in that position as well.

Just take care of yourself, and hopefully we'll see you back here sooner rather than later.

#420650 - 01/01/13 10:19 PM Re: Goodbye? [Re: Human]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Human
Magellan, I read your post and I wanted to point out there've been studies (no cite, sorry) that suggest reading online forums (Facebook was the main one) can be depressing because people mostly only post the good stuff in thier lives. This is why I don't do "facecrack' haha! At least not currently.

K...Christmass/Holiday letters AND/OR Facebook! Am I the only one who despises hearing about Bobby's State Championship in Karate, Pitching a no-hitter and earning a full-ride scholarship to Harvard before he's fkg 10?!?!?

....and....and that Hubby was just promoted to VP of God at IBM???

...and those fnk vacations! Four vacations we took this Fall! and Summer skiing in the Canadian Rockies was fabulous this year! Had to cut it short so Suzzie could get back to the National Junior Soccer Championship.

They KNOW some of our lives are pure fkg hell. Please don't send us postcards from Heaven!

sorry....got my blood pressure up reading that.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.