Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420339 - 12/28/12 09:21 PM Adoption
bobcat83 Offline

Disclosed my abuse to my adoption agency my wife and I are using to adopt.internationally. Now we are on a two year "hold" while my fitness as a parent is evaluated.

Feeling very shamed today. Thanks for listening.

#420340 - 12/28/12 09:45 PM Re: Adoption [Re: bobcat83]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's not your fault that the agency doesn't understand. I'm sorry for the burden this has placed on the plans for your family.

It's important for your wife to know that this is the agency's problem, not yours. Disclosing your abuse to the agency is proof of your fitness as a parent, not a reason for two years of evaluation.

Replace that shame you feel with indignation and anger.

Cant

#420371 - 12/29/12 07:25 AM Re: Adoption [Re: bobcat83]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Unfortunately Bobcat, this is just a cover your ass move. The vampire myth is alive and well in todays society so everyone is worried. Especially since if anything were to happen, the agency fears being sued by the adopted child now an adult. They probably are hoping you don't want to go thru the evaluations so they can get rid of you.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#420376 - 12/29/12 10:22 AM Re: Adoption [Re: bobcat83]
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Ditto above & also, there are powers outside the adoption agency that are concerned with an "international incident".
"One bad apple spoils the basket" is the world of ignorance & fear that we live in. Those extreamly rare cases, non-the-less, led to Russia blocking (some) adoptions by the USA.
Of course, the unfortunate results effect u, ur wife & that waiting child.
This is what I call, "Fear of the many, outweigh the needs of the one"....aka International Policy.
It's a sad day indeed.

#420408 - 12/29/12 04:53 PM * [Re: bobcat83]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:41 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.