Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63357 Topics
443029 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#42033 - 12/05/03 12:24 PM another explosion...
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
Well, I lost my cool again last night. I hate it, because I know how I used to feel when my father went off on me. My son doesnít do what heís asked, and in fact seems to do the complete opposite on purpose. It flies all over me, and last night, I exploded. It wasnít even what he did, but that he stared me in the face and out and out lied to me, denying he did anything. I wish I was more patient and understanding. I wish I could be perfectly calm no matter what, but Iím just not. As my first therapy session grows closer, I really hope I can get a handle on my anger and depression. I donít want to damage my kids, or loose my family over it.

My wife and I were doing so well too. I had managed to confront her over how I felt unfulfilled with our sex life, and with the low level of intimacy we had. We were working really hard to move closer, but I know sheíll be pissed that I blew up again. I hope I havenít undone all the progress we made.

#42034 - 12/05/03 01:31 PM Re: another explosion...
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
phoster
If you explain to your wife, and maybe your son as well, what you've just explained to us; then maybe that'll help ?

The one thing my wife insists on is that I share things with her, and she's right. It's no use keeping the crap inside us, how much can we store away anyway ? it has to go somewhere, so we explode.

If you're seeing a therapist, tell them everything as well.
If you want it to work bad enough, then it'll work.

Dave

#42035 - 12/05/03 01:58 PM Re: another explosion...
phoster Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ohio
i'm learning to share. it's hard sometimes, because i have withdrawn my whole life. i have been doing better at it. to give myself credit.

i start therapy, as long as the insurance holds out, on the 19th. am really looking foward to it in a way. i have carried this all inside for so long, i just want to get better. i have high hopes.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.