Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
6 registered (AL-S, wearytraveler, pete1973, Obi, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64021 Topics
446793 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#347188 - 12/05/10 05:48 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Nas]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
The more I see of those who follow gods, the less I believe in any gods at all.

I think that the belief in gods is most likely an adaptation with evolutionary advantages like this, or this, or this. Alternately, it's an attempt by the collective human psyche to create a comforting fictional afterlife to buffer the realization of our certain mortality.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#347189 - 12/05/10 06:08 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Nas]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
Nas,

Thank you for sharing this very personal struggle. Don't be too tough on yourself. Reach out to others here for support.

Daryl

#348063 - 12/14/10 07:57 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Alchemist]
hurtn4yrs Offline

Loc: USA, NY
I have a condition called sleep apnea, it is severe, at my most recent sleep study, I stopped breathing 62 times in about 5 hours. while dreaming, I see and speak to friends, family, and strangers,who have passed on, for brief moments, the last time this happened, I saw an angel, watching me going back into my body, he smiled at me, and I knodded at him as I passed him. I have seen one friend many times, the last time, he was with some friends, whom I have never met or known, he was leading them into a small house, which I assume, is where he now lives, he picked up his cat, and they were heading into the house, when his friend saw me materializing, and he said," Bob, their's an outside entity out here" to which Bob replied " well leave the outside entity outside, and come in the house" I believe in God, I have NO DOUBTS ABOUT IT! This is only one of many such [visits to the afterlife] dreams.

#348675 - 12/21/10 12:38 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: prisonerID]
Nas Offline

Loc: NJ
Thanks Daryl, it is really hard for me to reach out but I am learning to trust more

#419576 - 12/19/12 05:33 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
I believe...

#419591 - 12/19/12 08:44 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
guilty as charged!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#419592 - 12/19/12 09:35 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
I believe in God. My father died and then he lived for another 17 years. I felt God's pesence pass through me before he woke up from his brain death. I have trouble with God's Mercy just like Johah, but at least I don't runaway any more.

#420277 - 12/28/12 12:37 AM . [Re: traillius]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 09:19 PM)

#420303 - 12/28/12 12:49 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
ALovingMum Offline

Loc: England
I believe in God. He has heard my cries and seen my every tear in the dead of the night when no one else is about. He has kept the strong and powerful from sending my children to live with their abuser. He gave us a peaceful Christmas this year when my son asked him - the first in 6 years from my sons, and the first in 10 years for me! I am still here today because God cares. He is real and He answers prayers.

#420315 - 12/28/12 02:46 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
-efm

I'm still reading your research....very interesting. Will comments after I have read it all.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.