Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441807 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#420227 - 12/27/12 10:33 AM Mike Lew is coming to South Africa. Read more.....
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
The events are sponsored by South African Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse (SAMSOSA). For further information and registration, or if you are interested in organising an event in your area of South Africa, contact rees@samsosa.org

Note: Dates are tentative. Unless otherwise specified, all events will be led by Mike Lew.

17 September 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa

VICTIMS NO LONGER

A RECOVERY WORKSHOP FOR NON-OFFENDING MALE SURVIVORS

Led by Mike Lew, MEd

Recovery from the trauma of sexual abuse is a complex process. One important step for male survivors is finding a safe place to work with other men. There is great power and healing in tell­ing your story in the company of other men who can listen to you, will believe you and have had similar experiences.

The Victims No Longer Workshop provides male survivors with an opportunity for: making connec­tions with other male survivors; sharing personal histories; expression of feelings in a support­ive, non-abusive environment; discussion of the effects of childhood abuse in adult life; talking about trust, intimacy, sexuality and relationships; exploration of strategies for survival and heal­ing; establishment of a support

19 September 2013

South Africa’s 1st Conference on Male Sexual Victimisation

20 – 22 September 2013

VICTIMS NO LONGER

A WEEKEND RECOVERY WORKSHOP FOR NON-OFFENDING MALE SURVIVORS

This will be the first ever weekend residential recovery workshopin Africa. Our goal is to offer a recovery experience in a safe, powerful environment of shared healing.

The weekend will provide a variety of healing activities: sharing of stories, writing exercises, anger work, other emotional expression, group discussion, shared creativity, relaxation and even fun in a safe, nurturing environment.

This event for men actively engaged in recovery work is not a substitute for therapy. The registration deadline is 15th August 2013. Space is limited, so please try to register early to secure your place. (These weekends have had full registration all over the world.)

Considerable attention has been paid to creating a safe, nurturing environment respectful of participants’ needs. The weekend focuses on the reality of recovery as revealed by male survivors.

These is no need to suffer alone, South African Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse, fellow survivors and professionals continue to develop resources and support systems that move the recovery process forward.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#423943 - 02/01/13 01:17 AM Re: Mike Lew is coming to South Africa. Read more..... [Re: JoziSA]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Dates are confirmed, Mike Lew's air tickets are booked. Looking forward to meeting survivors from all over the world.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.