Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, Cam76, lapchinj, 4 invisible), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438081 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419946 - 12/23/12 04:09 PM Relationship with another survivor
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
got a question...

is there any survivors out there that are in a relationship, or married, to another survivor?

i'm curious as to how it's working out. does it help? is it more strained and difficult? etc.

I have a female friend that I've known for a few years. we have a lot in common. one of the many things we have in common though is that we're both sexual abuse survivors. we can understand each other in this aspect very well...

we also have many other things in common too. I've been thinking about trying to get back into the dating arena and thinking about getting into a relationship with her. that has raised many questions....

the biggest being that we're both survivors and wondering if that is a good asset to have or will it hinder the relationship more than it will help...

any advice is greatly welcomed....

thanks.

my story

my vlog

#419971 - 12/23/12 09:15 PM Re: Relationship with another survivor [Re: Obi]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Sorry but this won't be much. I was on a different site in the last couple of days and there were posts from a survivor who had a partner that also suffered CSA. From what I read it was working OK for them. I have been to a few different sites in the past few days so I have not found the posts yet. Sorry not much to go on.

#419976 - 12/23/12 10:24 PM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:30 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.