Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
2 registered (jon-jon, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#407677 - 08/23/12 04:43 PM Introduction
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Hello.I first heard about MS about a month ago from my T.I have been registered and visiting the site fo a couple of wks now.As I have read the many postings and a few personal stories I sometimes felt overwhelmed by the honesty,openess a
nd encouragement being shared.I should keep this brief.
I was orphaned when I was 2 days old.At the age of 3 I was placed in foster care with a family.They had one child of their own,a son.My half sister was placed in the same family with me about a year later.What followed was years of abuse.Violent physical beatings,cruelty,psychological abuse and sex abuse.Any real life never happened.I existed to survive.One of the postings I read said"What did I lose"?When their son molested me any hope of dignity was gone.I am older than most using this site.From the age of 7 I knew anyone could do whatever they wanted to me and it mattered to no one.I was alone worthless and defenseless in the world.From that time on I was a fugitive always on the run.I am getting help now and I am going to thank my T for suggesting I visit MS. Thanks for Listening.

#407686 - 08/23/12 05:01 PM Re: Introduction [Re: sentry]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
So sorry to hear that you went thru this tragedy... Good news is we are all here for each other and help each other heal bro... Welcome and sorry we meet like this..Thanks for coming and sharing

Edited by Country (08/23/12 05:12 PM)
Edit Reason: typo...of course
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407687 - 08/23/12 05:01 PM Re: Introduction [Re: sentry]
Country Offline

also glad that therapist are sending people this way...I emailed my new T today and gave her the web site...Maybe she will read some stories

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407689 - 08/23/12 05:07 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Country]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

The thearapist that I am seeing now is the first councilor that have met that has been able to understand where I am coming from.

#407690 - 08/23/12 05:09 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Country]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Country!

#407693 - 08/23/12 05:14 PM Re: Introduction [Re: sentry]
Country Offline

That is a def plus bro... I hope mine does when I meet with her GFriday..I am soo excited about getting a new therapist.. Positive changes in my life and they have been so awesome..I hope you feel the same

#407706 - 08/23/12 06:49 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Country]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, Sentry.

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding, hope & love. From your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain).
We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

You already know about the emotional roller coaster of emotions. Hang on for the ride of your life.

Glad that you are in therapy. Glad that you are here with your fraternal brothers. We all travel this road arm in arm shoulder to shoulder. When one of us falls, another brother will come and take our hand and continue on our journey to recovery & healing.

My brother, Sentry, wishing you well in healing. You are on your way here too.

Great courage to have made your first post. real proud of you.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#407713 - 08/23/12 07:53 PM Re: Introduction [Re: petercorbett]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you very much for your support Pete

#407721 - 08/23/12 08:26 PM Re: Introduction [Re: sentry]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
sentry - welcome!

you might be surprised to know how many of us have been around the block a few tmore times than most.

it's never too late to heal.

hope you'll find the respect, sense of worth and acceptance here that you deserve.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#407740 - 08/23/12 09:43 PM Re: Introduction [Re: traveler]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

I hope so! Thanks Traveler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.