Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (Sonata1, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447942 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419919 - 12/23/12 10:16 AM Good Advise
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
On "Criminal Minds," at the end of a segment recently aired, "Hoch" made what I think was an excellent quote for us to follow. "Scars tell us where we've been, but not where we are going," now that this time of the year there is much visiting and socializing going on.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

#420192 - 12/26/12 07:34 PM Re: Good Advise [Re: Sailor John]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
To fiddle with the scabs of abuse we have been through in this time of reuniting with family and potentially those who have hurt us or allowed the hurt, this is a good reminder, John, thank you. Until we are ready, until we conclude that the time is right, until then we can be patient for confrontation and disclosure, for righting the wrongs, the abuses. We can remain convinced that the time will come, we can keep healing, gathering strength until that time of revealing.

Our recovery lay ahead of us, our hope and freedom spread out before us for the taking. Healing, freeness, conviction, dare I say it, hope?

This is where survivors go, thank you for the reminder John.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.