Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
7 registered (Dave PNW, 5 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419873 - 12/22/12 10:13 PM seeing red ( triggers)
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
There’s pressure, tension, pulling and tearing in my head… NO escape! The sounds of a hundred thoughts and feelings ring; the pain is real and yet…NOT. It is there, it does exist, and yet it is real only for me. Each thought calls for analysis… if I do this then maybe, or be careful here, be sure not to … sometimes reflections on past conversations play in this noise. Did you misspeak? Did you offend, or leave any trace to bring embarrassment later? Remember the details, who were you in that instance? So often I seem a different person in different situations, I try to be real but the effort is staggering. So many questions play “What have you told?” “What have you kept, and why?” All relationships are tentative keep that door of escape open! These and so much more play in my head and all it seems at once, it is like an attack! Transitory… Perhaps but if one thought leaves it will return and bring with it dozens more. They fill my head till is seems to swell, and I can’t stop them! Swirling like a tornado the thoughts assault me till the pain is physical it is real pain. But I can’t see it, can’t explain it, can’t bandage it or soothe it. This is when it happens. In those moments with teeth clenched, gut tensed, and holding in my head all the pain that screams and howls inside my mind… until this distraction, this line of release forms. It is like a microscopic zipper that this edge, this blade imperceptibly opens releasing everything. There is blood yes it is unfortunate, but the sting is life! I do exist! It is real! The line develops, writing the story in red that appears on the flesh like some kind of invisible ink, a lemon juice letter exposed to the heat. And then, as the writing appears, the pain oozes out, the tension is less. The distraction of the sting brings a focus to stop that storm. Just to look at the scratch brings a smile of satisfaction, almost an afterglow somewhere from deep within. It was an itch, a need now satisfied. It seems Impossible to explain, horrifying to see. Insanity, I don’t know… but who does this?
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#419902 - 12/23/12 08:00 AM Re: seeing red ( triggers) [Re: newground]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very intense and writing is an excellent way to let "the pain" ooz out and release your tentions.
Keep going and keep strong my friend.

#420055 - 12/25/12 12:44 AM Re: seeing red ( triggers) [Re: newground]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
NG- the line when you talk about the current pain being real, and that you do exist-- WOW! flooded with so many emotions, not knowing what is real, not knowing how to verbalize it, but when you feel that current pain, you are real. you are human. you can feel.
keep writing. you are doing so well.

#420163 - 12/26/12 02:10 PM Re: seeing red ( triggers) [Re: newground]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
thanks everyone
This "secret" must be told. the light has to shine on it it is way too easy to slip back to that place the only way to avoid it it seems is to share it
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.